MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 8th, 2017, 01:03 PM

Re: Best Monthly Series for staying current

Just use a credit card (not a debit card)... and if they take a payment that is un-authorized you have the right under banking regulations to have your bank reverse it.

Problem solved... or rather avoided before it even happens.
Old March 9th, 2017, 05:05 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
Digitrax and/or Piracy Recovery own the Chartbuster trademark now.
http://www.digitraxentertainment.com/
I know this old but for some reason the thread popped up as unread. But it is probably already known - but PEP (aka SC) now owns the CB trademark and are going the registration/audits for Chartbuster tracks now as well.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old March 9th, 2017, 10:37 AM

Did SC ever start making new karaoke tracks?
Old March 9th, 2017, 02:57 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
Did SC ever start making new karaoke tracks?
Nope. I don\'t see it happening either. PEP tried to do a crowdfunding thing for a couple months to aid in costs of production of new music - they couldn\'t even get close to their target.
So as long as they aren\'t making music they continue on the litigious way to continue their income flow with Sound Choice & Chartbuster trademarks - well actually now their new angle is \"service mark infringement\", which they claim causes confusion to patrons causing them to think kj\'s are in some way affiliated with Sound Choice Entertainment - their karaoke show company. THey are also focusing more on venues now than kj\'s since they lost two federal districts stating their trademark suits were pretty much bs.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old March 9th, 2017, 05:09 PM

Might be a good idea to use the MTU software and remove the SC logo as to not confuse anybody.

Of course they might sue ya for that too!

So... who out there is making new music that is decent quality?
Old March 9th, 2017, 05:18 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
Might be a good idea to use the MTU software and remove the SC logo as to not confuse anybody.

Of course they might sue ya for that too!

So... who out there is making new music that is decent quality?
Plenty like Party Tyme, Digitrax (although it\'s more back catalog stuff and their own renditions it seems more these days), Karaoke Version, SBI, Sunfly, Mr Entertainer, Abraxa, Zoom, among a few others but it\'s a matter of what is actually available in the states. Most of the UK manufacturers cannot sell downloads to the states unfortunately. Sunfly, Party Tyme (aka karaoke.net) both have US download sites. You can still order discs from the UK - usually through 3rd party retailers but not the manufacturer direct. Karaoke.net is fully licensed for both home & commercial use so that is a great source, but they are still on the upstart, aprox 8600+ songs available, but do have stuff no one else has and they are making it a mission to at the very least release everything they can that is to date exclusive to Sound Choice.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old March 9th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

I\'m UK based and always use http://www.selectatrack.com/
For Downloads, they have music downloads from about 20 different manufacturers But they are now displaying this message on the site.
Digital Song Restrictions

Over the recent months we have been forced to apply restrictions on many songs due to an a announcement by the PRS (the society responsible for granting licenses & collecting/distributing royalties for song writers & publishers in the UK) informing all UK karaoke suppliers that download & streaming karaoke usage of a selection of well known song writers and any songs controlled by the Sony/ATV publishing company is no longer allowed, meaning that many songs written or performed by certain artists will no longer be available to download or sing online, so the MP3+G and MP4 download options have been removed. All songs can still currently be ordered on CDG & DVD disc.

We are in ongoing discussions with the PRS and Sony/ATV regarding our fears of the negative impact this will have on our already shrinking industry and the obvious piracy issues it will cause, and of course trying to get the songs re-instated in digital formats. We will update this page as more information becomes available.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused, but as a long standing and responsible PRS license holder we are bound by their terms and therefore this is
totally out of our hands!

If you have any questions or want more information please contact us, sales@selectatrack.com

I still buy a monthly disc of Hits from Mr. Entertainer as they are 18 tracks for £10.95 for me.

I recently purchased some individual tracks from Karaoke.net with my debit card, the only thing with that was Visa charges, The tracks $1.99 Visa exchange rate is 1.22 which makes it £1.64 but then Visa adds £1.00 minimum charge making it £2.63.

The Selecatrack downloads Are about £2.00 a track.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 9th, 2017, 06:24 PM
VIP

Unfortunately, SAT has been off limits in the states for a few years now.
Looks as if the \'disc\' format may be the format of the future

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old January 13th, 2018, 06:26 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I\\\'m UK based and always use http://www.selectatrack.com/
With the new lawsuit judgements handed out against most of the UK manufacturers, you are going to have to keep us updated on availability. SBI seems to have been hit the hardest with $221 million judgement against them.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old January 14th, 2018, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
With the new lawsuit judgements handed out against most of the UK manufacturers, you are going to have to keep us updated on availability. SBI seems to have been hit the hardest with $221 million judgement against them.
Well early days yet but I will post if I notice any loss of manufacturers.

Selectatrack still offers downloads but mainly of older titles.

It seems most if not all new titles are only available as a custom disc.

It seems much the same if you go to the individual manufacturers sites.
I looked on https://downloads.sbikaraoke.com/site/search and entered new downloads for 2018 and it came up with four new songs available as shown in attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SBI downloads.jpg (70.5 KB, 3 views)
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 14th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

An interesting observation, I just pressed the Refresh button on Karaoke.net Buy songs feature and it showing 22,213 songs available, before pressing this Refresh button it was only showing 9233 aprox, I normally refresh this about once a month, it has been known to refresh with less than shown previously.
After looking at the Title/Artist it seem to be repeats, as if its doubled up on the tracks.

As shown in attachment:

I notice now I can pay via PayPal which might work out better for me as when I was paying with Visa debit they charge £1 per transaction exchange rate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Karaoke.net double all titles.jpg (235.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Roy Dennis; January 14th, 2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old January 15th, 2018, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Update on previous post. The doubling up on titles, they are two different formats, an HD & Ziped up MP3+G.
Once I full paged the dialog it shows.

I was wrong with the PayPal option. that is only available if you go to their main site, I don’t see the option in buy songs within Hoster.