MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old May 27th, 2013, 02:58 AM
VIP

Anyone Using This HDMI to RCA Converter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1PU0FR1332

I've just recently tried switching over to my Windows 7 Laptop to run shows, and this HDMI Converter is reversing the Laptop Destop View with the Extended Monitor Screen ( Placing Desktop on external monitor, and singers screen on the Laptop... Still works fine on my older laptop with XP OS, and I've tried everything I can think of but no success with Windows 7 Laptop...)

If anybody is using a different product to Convert HDMI to RCA for some of the older TV monitors, I'd be welcome to any other products that would satisfy my current setup!

Thanks!
Rick

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Anyone Using This HDMI to RCA Converter

I have that same HDMI converter and it works just fine on my Windows 7,
doesn't reverse the screens.

Try this, with extended connected right click on desktop and select Screen resolution, select the No1 screen, just below the 4 drop down selections you should see these words "This is currently your main display" if it is not showing that it would show a tick box next to the words "Make this my main display" in which case tick the box and apply and OK.
If it is showing the No1 screen as the main display when the screens are reversed then try selecting the other one and ticking the box for that to make it the main display and see if that helps.

Which brand of graphics card are you using ?
Only mine is ATI and you can go into the advanced settings and set them as reversed there, if yours is ATI I can explain how to do that. I use that same converter in my home setup but have a vga to rca video converter for my gig rig, I think if it's reversing it for one it would reverse it for all so must be something in the settings.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:42 PM
VIP

Re: Anyone Using This HDMI to RCA Converter

Roy,

Thanks, Your suggestion worked... had default screen box unchecked, or the computer defaulted back somehow and reversed the screens...

I also have successfully used the VGA to RCA converter, but wanted to use the HDMI to HDMI Splitter in a couple of my venues as an upgrade, but found out that I would have to take down a couple of the flat screens to access the HDMI Inputs, and store a HDMI cable for the longer running gigs, and the Video In was more convenient to connect, so I opted for the HDMI to RCA Video converter , and connected it to the HDMI 1x2 Pigtail HDMI Splitter from Monoprice for those longer runs of Cabling that would be cost prohibitive using HDMI (W/Redmere Technology) Cables...

I owe you another Cold One when ever our paths cross...
Thanks Again!

Rick

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A