MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old February 10th, 2013, 10:46 PM

Reverb/Echo

I have a quick question for all the people out there that use a Behringer XENYX 1202FX. I haven't had the chance to cycle through all the FX for reverb/echo and was wondering what # effect you use. I have always used 59 or 7 but they don't quite give me the effect one might get in a studio. I know that my mixer isn't studio quality but was just looking for some feed back, as I always want my singers to sound the best that they can. Thanks again!

-Chad
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:43 AM
VIP

Re: Reverb/Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Slater View Post
I have a quick question for all the people out there that use a Behringer XENYX 1202FX. I haven't had the chance to cycle through all the FX for reverb/echo and was wondering what # effect you use. I have always used 59 or 7 but they don't quite give me the effect one might get in a studio. I know that my mixer isn't studio quality but was just looking for some feed back, as I always want my singers to sound the best that they can. Thanks again!

-Chad
I had that exact same mixer and used 7, but not a high level of it, just enough to barely notice. Never any complaints, always compliments on sound compared to others in my area.

Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:40 PM

I've been working with my reverb lately, I have a Lexicon 200, I can't seem to get the sound I want, I get reverb and echco, but not that clean crisp sharp clean sound, I'v about given up, maybe I want to much.....
Old February 25th, 2013, 05:41 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpattx View Post
I've been working with my reverb lately, I have a Lexicon 200, I can't seem to get the sound I want, I get reverb and echco, but not that clean crisp sharp clean sound, I'v about given up, maybe I want to much.....
If you have extra channels on the mixer, try running the outputs of the effects into a channel instead of the stereo returns - if you aren't already doing that. This will give you the ability to not only separate the delay & reverb independantly, but can add eq to each.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB