MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microsound Workstation Open Forum

Microsound Workstation Open Forum General postings about Microsound workstations.

Closed Thread

Old April 8th, 2003, 09:31 AM

Voice recorder .dss file

I am trying to bring in a .dss (voice recorder file) into my project.
In the past, I've brought in everything else but never a .dss file from a USB port.
Funny thing: It plays in the project but will not "create because of the sample rate.

I need some direction from some of you who have "been there, done that" so I can save time and not chase a rabbit trail of errors.

Thanks Folks!

Jim King
Old April 8th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Administrator

What's a .dss file?

I don't recognize this filename extension. To use this in a .mix project, it must be either a .wav or .sf file, in the correct file format. There are no other formats supported.

If a .dss is the same as a .wav format, then simply rename the extension to .wav. Make sure the sample rate is correct for the project you will use it in.

If it is not the same format, you need to find some way to play the .dss audio into analog and digitize it into your analog port, recording it as a .sf or .wav file. Then you can use it in a .mix project.
Old April 8th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Frequent Member

format conversion...

I don't recognize this extension either, but the best and most inclusive file format converter that is affordable that I have used is Cool Edit, so you might take a look at that if changing the extension does not work.
Closed Thread