MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 8th, 2004, 01:10 PM

Reinstall Microstudio

I am having touble with the display of lyrics in Microstudio. I would like to install Microstudio on another computer to see if I have the same problem. I have already installed and reinstalled on Computer#1 to try to solve the problem Will I now have to purchase yet another copy to install, temporarily, in my other computer to test there? I have triedn Aceleration changes, and have even swapped Display adapters. Same problem. Partial display of lyric screens.

Thanks,

Jim
Old May 8th, 2004, 01:43 PM

Jim,

MTU currently permits Microstudio to be installed on three computers in order to allow for back-up in the event of system problems.

I could not open your attachment. Something to do with the graphics conversion filter unable to open.

If the problem you are having is partiallly broken letters, random splotches on the screen, etc., the main cause could be the media you are using.

MTU recommends the use of the media they market for optimum performance with cdg.

Verbatim, TDK, and Mitsui have proven to be good also, with Mitsui the best of the three.

If this is not your problem, or a change of media does not solve it for you, please describe exactly what is happening, and also provide as much information regarding your system as possible.

Here's an example of what I mean regarding system info.

XPHOME UPGRADE FROM 98SE(operating system)
DIRECTX 9.0 (4.09.0000.0901)(version of direct x)
GIGABYTE TITAN GA81DX (motherboard)
INTEL P4@1600MHZ, 512MB RAM(processor/speed and memory)
ATI BUILT RADEON 7500 (graphics card)
CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER PC1128(sound card)
PLEXTORS 52X AND 48X (brand and model of burner(s))

Doesn't haved to be in the same format, just as much of the info as possible.

Hope this helps.

George

Last edited by George; May 8th, 2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:44 PM

Reinstall MicroStudio

I have now been able to install MicroStudio to my Win98 machine. This is NOT the machine I would like to use, but it works.

On the machine I do want to use, I have installed MicroStudio twice in XP. I dual boot to XP and 98, and would like now to attempt to install Microsoft studio to the Win98 OS on this machine. Microstudio Demo works in 98 on this machine. This will be my third install of the full version on this machine. Twice in XP (doesn't work) and now another time in 98. IS that okay?

Jim
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Unlimited installs on the same computer

You should be able to install Microstudio on your XP/98 dual boot system in either partition. Let us know if you cannot.
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:01 PM

Hurrah .. I now have Microstudio running in the Win98SE OS in a dual boot system. I cannot , however, run in in the WINXP OS on this machine. I can live with that.. but would rather run in in XP. Before I send you all the detials... it only displays 33% of the lyric screens,,, any ideas? Same machine, same everything, only errors on XP now.

Jim
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:49 PM

Do you mean it only displays a portion of the total number of screens, or a portion of each screen ?

If it's the latter, there's a block on the lyrics screen that will select full or half screen if a graphic is wanted along with the text. That may have been set wrong.

George
Old May 14th, 2004, 10:55 AM

Try adjusting your Audio cards Hardware acceleration as stated in this Article: http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?page..._v2&id=11&c=13

This might help under the XP side, let us know if it does.
Old May 14th, 2004, 12:10 PM

Bryan,

I haven't played with the XP side much lately. I have tried every available setting on the Accelerator however. I have also swapped display adapters, with same results.

The problem is that while the entire "screen" is visible,, the lyrics from the very first screen only fill approximately 1/3 and then stop. The remaining screens do not show up at all. If I click the mouse on the Microstudion screen in the background the next screens try to display,,, all garbage and mixed up and the music begins to play as well. Out of sync.

As I said both adapter cards, swapped in and out, behave the same way. So it isn't the display card, or its settings.

I can't find my motherboard book.. but it is an FIC 1, with AMD 750 ...when I get the time I will send the full details. Perhaps it is a chip set problem, but stange it would not occur for both OS.

Keep in mind, this is a dual boot machine, and it works when I boot to Win98SE, but not to XP.

Jim
Old May 14th, 2004, 12:21 PM

Quote:
If it's the latter, there's a block on the lyrics screen that will select full or half screen if a graphic is wanted along with the text. That may have been set wrong.
Can't believe I actually said that. Somehow I was thinking Karaoke Home Producer produced cdg's..gad!

As the sun slowly sets in the West, I'll wipe the egg off my face.

George
Old May 29th, 2004, 01:26 PM

This problem has apparently been solved by either the replacement of the monitor, or the replacement of the sound card. Both were replaced, and, now the lyrics display properly.

Still can't figure out why Win98se had no problem, and XP did, since both were using the same monitor and the same sound card.

Jim
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:11 AM

It had to be a problem in a driver that was only used under XP, and not under 98. This is the only reason as it was a dual boot system.