MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 29th, 2009, 03:14 AM

Well I guess I'm just sol

These all worked prior to upgrading to version 4.0. I have these in zip files to begin with, and have converted them back and forth with CDGTOOLZ. I guess I will have to live with this. I do not use songverter, since I only own Microstudio.
Old November 28th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Please upgrade to Microstudio 4.22 and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolszews View Post
These all worked prior to upgrading to version 4.0. I have these in zip files to begin with, and have converted them back and forth with CDGTOOLZ. I guess I will have to live with this. I do not use songverter, since I only own Microstudio.
Please go to our Support Page and submit a Support Ticket (choose dept. SUPPORT).

1. Mention this Forum Thread so we know what this is in reference to.

2. State in your Ticket that the attached ZIP file is not recognized in Microstudio 4.21 and thus won't appear in the My Songs list.

3. Attach your shortest of the files that don't appear.

We will have to analize the ZIP file to see why it is not being recognized. I have no explanation why you say it worked prior to Mstudio 4.0 and now won't work. We didn't remove ZIP abilities in the new releases.

At the moment, I'm suspecting something has happened to your ZIP files that makes them different.

When we receive one of your files we can diagnose why it won't import. If it is something we can fix, we will in 4.23.
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:43 PM

version 4.22 will not burn zip files either

I have some karaoke .zip files and tried to burn them with MS 4.22 and it too will not load them in order to burn them. I also have another program that has no problem doing this. MS has given me various problems from the first one I bought thru all the upgrades I have gone thru including locking my computer up so thoroughly that it had to be rebooted. I use windows XP home as an operating system.
Old January 31st, 2010, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk04 View Post
I have some karaoke .zip files and tried to burn them with MS 4.22 and it too will not load them in order to burn them. I also have another program that has no problem doing this. MS has given me various problems from the first one I bought thru all the upgrades I have gone thru including locking my computer up so thoroughly that it had to be rebooted. I use windows XP home as an operating system.
I just did an entire disc of zip files burned to a CD with no problem.
What kind of error messages are you getting when you try to open the zip files folder into Microstudio?
Give an example of a filename for your zip files.
How many and what files are in the zip file?
Have you set the Default Field Order under Tools so it will display the data correctly?
Are you keeping up with the Microsoft Custom Updates? This is not the Automatic updates as those are only the security updates.
Old January 31st, 2010, 11:40 PM

rebooted

Yes, I just tried it again after closing down MS and then reopening it. It showed the zip files. The locking up of the computer was on the version 3.0 on down. When trying to load from a disc to MS. Haven't tried it with the 4.22 yet. Tried out songverter and it stated errors on 2 songs, 1 was audio and 1 was graphics. Tried again and the audio went away but the graphics error didn't. Tried it on another program and all songs converted ok and played ok. Any ideas on this.
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Most likely there is an error in the file that Songverter and Microstudio cannot get past. There are some zip formats and compression that MTU products simply cannot work with. Additional there could be something changed/corrupted in the file that doesn't effect your other program.
You were trying to load zip files from a CD or standard CDG files from a disc? If it was zip files then that wouldn't work. Those types have to be on the hard drive for them to work.
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:54 AM

MS download

Greetings, I was just trying to download songs off of a noncopywrited disc (not a Sound Choice disc) and when I asked MS to read the disc, it locked the computer solid everytime.