MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

View Poll Results: My Opinion About www.mycdg.com
I have no idea what you are talking about 0 0%
I visited the site but I haven't used it 2 100.00%
I bought some CD+Gs from them but didn't like it 0 0%
I bought some CD+Gs from them and I did like it 0 0%
I use them all the time and they are Great! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 21st, 2006, 01:03 PM

Question What About www.mycdg.com

In preperation for getting Hosterized and probably buying a new computer to do it with if I can't verify all the right stuff on one of the two existing laptops, I'm doing a lot of reading and soaking up some excellent advice from the folks on this forum. Thanks to you all

I appreciate the responses from everyone on everything so far. One of the things that had been bothering me slightly is the way assortments of CD+G files are marketed. For $ 19.99 you can get a collection of 20 songs that were once hummed in the Jacksonville, FL bus station by the shoe shine man. OK! just joking, but not by much.

Today I discover www.mycdg.com. It looks like you can pick out single songs, add them to the CD+G that you order and get a CD+G that only has songs that you want. It also looks like you pay about twice as much per song to do that - however.

I'm not looking at the Hoster software as a way to be a KJ or do an open mike show, so all of your jobs are still secure.

I'm trying to develop backing music for a "guitar picking" and "struggling to sing" some, one man solo act for bars, restaurant and small clubs.

I don't see any value, to me, of having a dozen top hit songs in a particular style if I am only going to do one or possibly two of them in my show. I don't need a big library of potential songs like the KJ would need. If I'm not going to perform it, I don't need it.

Question: Has anyone used this service? Is it legit? Are the CD+Gs high quality or problematic etc. and in general do you have any advice about www.mycdg.com at all?

Thanks

Ron
Old July 21st, 2006, 01:32 PM

It is absolutely Legit and it has mostly Sound Choice tracks whick are the best. Sure it costs a bit, but think of how much more it would cost if you went out and bought all the regular cdg's that have the songs you want.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old July 21st, 2006, 01:36 PM

Thanks, in listening to the demos I thought the Sound Choice tracks sounded a bit more professional and higher quality but I'm listening over a dinky winky little speaker system here.

Ron
Old July 21st, 2006, 01:40 PM

Talking

Ron, go to www.karaokewh.com and check out the guitaraoke discs as well
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old July 21st, 2006, 02:08 PM

Djmadmaxx,
Yeah! Thanks. You had mentioned that on another post I think and I already looked that over. That would be a neat format for me.

Ron