MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 29th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Honor Roll

Angry

I recently downloaded the full screen version of microstudio,but now the screen shows two separate lines of the same thing playing simultaneously.these lines often overlap causing the whole thing to be unreadable.I have noticed this only occurs using certain brand names of discs ( most notably Nikkodo...SAVA & SAVP ) However these discs can still be copied fine,and the copies play correctly in my karaoke player.Is there an adjustment that can be made to correct this problem?
Old March 29th, 2001, 10:38 PM
Honor Roll

added notes

added notes to the double display of lyrics:
This is a new problem that was not present with the older version of microstudio.It has only occurred since the upgrade.
The computer this is installed in is:
Compaq 5838 Desktop...AMD-K7 processor....320.0MB Ram
using Direct-X 8.0 & Windows 98

I use Two separate cdrw drives.
1. HP9100
2. TDK8432.. ( Tested and purchased through MTU )
Thank you for any assistance with this problem
Old March 29th, 2001, 11:03 PM

My Nikkodo SAVA disks played with double lyrics too, did not notice any others doing that so far. I have an Iomega Zip CDRW. Looks like you've found a new issue on this version of Microstudio I think.
Old April 6th, 2001, 02:42 PM

screen shows 2 copies of lines being read

I am having what sounds like the same problem. I have a Yamaha CRW2100EZ drive and was using a 12X CD-R at 8X write speed. I was using a 8x read speed, too. Any ideas how to fix this?
Old April 6th, 2001, 10:59 PM

Question Strange but true

The first problem you see is when the tittle page loads. You get bits and pieces of the words as it scrolls left to right from top to bottom, then loads double lyrics. Two lines per page highlighted simultaneously. Music sounds like normal to me, just a graphic read problem, exclusive to the brands so far discovered. I have also found a problem with all hits. I don't get double lyrics but the tittle and graphics for the start of the cdg(AH-7051)Song 1
and song 3 only are split either left to right #1 or top to bottom #3.

[Edited by DW on 04-08-2001 at 03:58 PM]
Old April 7th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Honor Roll

MTU has been made aware of this problem,as it does not seem to be a problem with individual systems,but rather,a problem in the software.
Admin has asked me for a copy of the type of disc causing a problem,and I have sent one. Hopefully MTU's staff can discover why this type of disc is differant from the rest, and correct the problem in future upgrades.
Old April 9th, 2001, 09:22 AM
Administrator

This is another example of how complex it is to create a software player program that emulates a Karaoke Player with hardware assist to decode the CDG data.

We have had 100% success in solving every problem when we have an example of the offending song. I expect we will solve this one also.
Old April 12th, 2001, 02:01 PM

Thumbs up Got it!!

We upgraded my computer to WindowsME and things seem to be working much much better now! My computer is a 1000MHz with 128MB RAM Pentium IV. I also upgraded with the DirectX 8.0. Can't think of anything else that might matter that I know about. Anyway, everything seems to be working fine now with the Yamaha CRW2100EZ.
Old April 13th, 2001, 12:22 AM

Question

Upgraded to DirectX 8.0a, still same thing. Double lyrics on the Nikkodo SAVA and SAVP disks only, no others, on Microstudio play fuction. The original problem noted in the thread was with these particular disks. You didn't say in your reply Michaela if these were the type of disks you were using to test your fix, were they? I'm using Windows 98 second edition. My specs- 500mhz, 64ram, Iomega 3840INT-A 12-10-32 speed CDRW that surprised MTU when it worked with Microstudio.
Old April 13th, 2001, 12:55 AM
Honor Roll

The most recent information provided to me by the administer,is that this problem is caused by Nikkodo ( SAVA & SAVP discs ) having made their discs to be played in THEIR players only. They did this by changing the timing codes on their discs.These seem to be the only discs that are causing major problems for microstudio,and Nikkodo is no longer in business. However MTU has informed me that they will still try to correct the problem in future versions of microstudio provided it does not require a major change in the core program. They have been provided with a copy of the offending type of disc, and have a basic understanding of where to begin looking. I am sure that they will do all that is possible to fix this problem, as they have done in the past, to make microstudio the best product on the market.

I also use DirectX 8.0, and it makes no difference in how these discs display. I haven't had any trouble copying them though.