MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old January 3rd, 2003, 04:24 AM

pc karaoke show hosting

does anyone have any advice on a pc program or set up that i can convert to from the old cd+g players i am trying to get a program or set up to store and play my music both for karaoke and dj shows but would like to do it from a laptop or even a pc set up any advice would be appreciated
Old January 3rd, 2003, 08:24 AM

Take a look at MTU's Hoster. It is THE Karaoke host program. Click here to read about it.

George

Old January 3rd, 2003, 11:37 AM

Robbie30543,
Is this some kind of joke, anyone in the business knows that MTU just came out with Hoster, a computer based show program.

I would think someone like you with their own forum should very well know about it...

Jim
Old February 11th, 2003, 08:52 AM

thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by George
Take a look at MTU's Hoster. It is THE Karaoke host program. Click here to read about it.

George
hey thanks george i am not sure if hoster is what im looking for i would like advice from someone using it or any set up pc or laptop based to run shows i dont have the money to experiment if you know what i mean i just want to eliminate carrying disc for both karaoke and dj music i wonder if i can run them on the same system huh well i do appreciate you input and wish you well with your shows hope to chat again sometime. robbie
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:07 AM

Then down load the demo version of hoster at www.mtu.com and take a look-see...

With the new forum rules we can not give the advise you are asking for, some of us may have a program that we like better, or have seen another kjock using that we like the features, but we can not discuss these on this forum.

Yes I have an opinion about these rules, but it's not my forum, so I need to abide by by their rules.....

Jim
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:13 AM

Right, and if you'll go to the Hoster forums you'll get a feel for what's going on with the product and be able to address your concerns with Hoster users.

George
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:39 PM

Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by robbie30534
i would like advice from someone using it or any set up pc or laptop based to run shows i dont have the money to experiment if you know what i mean i just want to eliminate carrying disc for both karaoke and dj music i wonder if i can run them on the same system
Hi robbie30534,

I think that you know you can play both kj and dj music on your pc don't you. Do you have a karaoke program right now? Do you like it? Do you like the MTU Hoster? Please feel free to open up here and let us know what you want.

Steve

Last edited by SteveWalker; April 14th, 2003 at 07:40 PM.
Old February 18th, 2003, 01:46 PM

Hey Robbie...

How can anyone reach you through your website link or an email link that doesn't work? You should make yourself more available IF you really want some help.
Old February 24th, 2003, 05:43 PM

gee thanks and sorry

well thanks and sorry maybe im confused look not all people doing this are as smart or have as much money or the time to research or trail by error things so i meant not harm in my post either but i would like to say people be a little more helpful in your replys not giving smart elic comments i need help not to be picked on i get enough of that at my shows i am 1 guy with a show every night of the week so im vbery busy and i only have one set up so i need all the help i can get converting my system from cd+gs to what ever works the best or what has been tried and proven to work so on that note anyone with any helpful information i would really appreciate it i need it bad and thanks i really love the site and all the useful info so keep it up you may contact me at kjsinger2001@yahoo.com
Old February 24th, 2003, 06:10 PM

deleted by George

Last edited by George; April 14th, 2003 at 08:07 AM.
Old April 14th, 2003, 01:57 AM

If you are looking to just store CD's and CDG's on your PC, and not have a program to sort, or make a play list, or do anything else but play them. All you need is a large enough hard drive, plenty of memory, and a CDG burner. If your present computer doesn't have all of these features, you need to up-grade to one that does. MTU with Hoster is one choice. But you do need to have a CDG burner in any PC you get. MTU's CDG burner is certified, and the Hoster program makes things very convenient to put on a show. Now if they don't delete this poat, you have all the info you asked for. It's your choice to make. I have purchased MTU's complete line.