MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microsound Workstation Open Forum

Microsound Workstation Open Forum General postings about Microsound workstations.

Old May 19th, 2004, 04:31 PM

What new computer?

I've posted a couple of times in here about my older MTU MicroEditor system, which just recently crashed. (It's a unit built by MTU - a P1, running Windows 98).

I want to update my system with a new motherboard with a P3 or P4 processor, and new MTU software that utilizes XP. But I want to be fairly sure that whatever I get - whether it's a brand new off-the-shelf Dell P4 computer or a new motherboard and software to have a kind computer-savvy friend rebuild the old one scavaging stuff I already have, it will be compatible with the Krystal card I have.

I've looked at the card and the info says:

Micro Technologies Unlimited - July 1996
DSP301 v1.2 - A46A
MicroSound Krystal 1200
803-033-1 Rev D
MS97-1223.02

Can you help?

Thanks,
Laura
Old May 21st, 2004, 10:19 AM

The only motherboards that we know that Krystal will currently run in are the following Intel Brand Boards.

1) Intel Desktop Board D845GEBV2

2) Intel Desktop Board D865GLC

These are the only two that we know of currently. Other members may post what they are using, that seem to be working for them. These are the boards that we ship when we build a P4 system. These boards also only work with Microeditor 5.5 and Windows 2000 or XP.