MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 31st, 2003, 05:31 PM

Unhappy KPro sound

i am tearing my hair out today....and have been searching through the forums to see if i could find a solution...alas...not so far!!
i have been going along just fine. got help with converting midi to wav using VSC...thank you again. then made about 4 CDGs. out of nowhere, today, when i click on place lyrics and the music begins to play.......it skips, stalls, repeats....it's a mess. it plays perfectly in VSC, Real Player but not in Kpro.
i ran diagnostics and checked everything i could think of to no avail.
i have a
Sony Vaio 1.49
P4
512 Ram
sound card is SoundMax?-sound right.?i'm not positive how to find out. that's what i found in device manager under sound devices.
sad and without good music,
Gwen
Old March 31st, 2003, 06:04 PM

directx

SoundMax audio card is a VALID card. It is used in some models of the Vaio line.

You model number appears NOT to be correct. Vaio model numbers begin with a 3 letter designation and then the model number. It would help if you post the correct model number.

Perhaps you can post a copy of your DirecTX file. Here is a link about how to do it:

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=322

Jon
Old March 31st, 2003, 06:13 PM

KPro sound

please find file attached.
Old March 31st, 2003, 06:50 PM

KPro sound

interesting....i just decided to try a different song and had no problems with it. even if a wav file plays perfectly fine using real player (or any # of players), is it possible that it just won't work once in a while?
puzzled, but not giving up
Gwen

p.s. attached the dxdiag file and got a notice that i had a reply, but there was nothing there.
Old March 31st, 2003, 07:20 PM

KPro Sound

it's me again.....
i went back to the song i was having so much trouble with and it worked just fine. my conclusion.......if having a problem with a song.......drop it for the time being, find one that works and then go back to it.
anyway, for now, that's my plan!!!
Gwen
p.s. i experimented and burned the BAD song as a CDG and played it on my karaoke machine. though the words were completely off, the music played perfectly. now, it all fine....just sooo interesting!!!
Old March 31st, 2003, 07:32 PM

Happy you got it working. Enjoy!

Jon