MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 2nd, 2018, 06:32 PM

Audio Drop and Sync

The first of the year, i updated my Hoster. After that, 1 song a night would have audio drops and the sync would speed up. I would stop the play and start over and all would be fine. 3 weeks ago, I updated to the newest Hoster version and my computer updated it\'s Windows 10. After that, after about 3 hours, all audio and sync was so bad that I could not slow the lyrics down any more and even rebooting the computer didn\'t work. I reinstalled 5.51.01 and uninstalled the updates. It did not work and maybe even worse.
Now what?
Old September 3rd, 2018, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Audio Drop and Sync

Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from an earlier version of Windows ?

If so what is the spec of your computer, If you have less than 4Gb ram this could be a factor as windows 10 requires more ram than earlier versions.

As you say it happens after about 3hrs into your show I wonder if you have picked up some malware or a virus which is working in the background.

Windows 10 normally downloads monthly updates of the Malicious Software removal tool. If your not seeing these updates I should download the tool from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...l-details.aspx

Also run a full scan from your virus checker program.

Other than that there are settings in Hoster for audio dropouts but I expect you have gone through those.

1) if your running in Tempo mode try turning that off: Tools Menu/Settings/Tempo switch to (normal mode)

2) From the Tools Menu/Settings/Audio the prevent audio dropouts box the default is 10, raise it higher, try 15 for a start also below that is another setting to change priority of graphics and audio try changing them, exsperiment to see if raising the audio priority above graphics helps or visa versa.

If none of the above helps or no one else answer your query I should put in a support ticket to MTU: http://www.mtu.com/support/contact-us.htm#HelpTicket
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 3rd, 2018, 08:55 AM

Re: Audio Drop and Sync

It\'s a Toshiba, about 2 years old and it came with Windows 10. I never use it to surf the web. Karaoke only. Only time I go on the internet is to update Hoster.