MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old June 17th, 2003, 07:42 AM

Once worked-not it doesn't

I am having a problem. I have been using my Microstudio for quite awhile now with no problems. No all of a sudden it is no longer detecting any of my CDroms. I have 2 plextor which can read and write CD+g and I have a lite-on.

What can I do to correct this problem and get back to burning. I have no clue why Microstudio will no longer detect my drives.

I have done nothing different or added anything new to my computer. My operating system is Windows XP.

Thank you
Old June 17th, 2003, 10:46 AM

FedUpBlonde,
The only thing that would cause this is something has happened to your ASPI drivers. Some other program has changed them or removed them, so all you need to do is reinstall them. Here is the link on how to do this: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=493
Old June 17th, 2003, 03:18 PM

Question MTU Driver

FEDUPBLONDE,

are you using the MTU driver? If you're running Micro 2.4 choose the MTU driver it should detecte the Plextor.

Regards
Old June 17th, 2003, 03:48 PM
Honor Roll

Since you stated you are using XP you can do a system restore to a point when you know Microstudio was working properly, you might also want to turn OFF the auto-update feature of XP, since there are times it may download and update something without your knowledge and cause problems.

Flip (a.k.a. Mike)