MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 13th, 2007, 03:51 PM

CDG files don't show up in Microstudio 4.002

When using the browse button on Microstudio to change to different directories, sometimes the CDG files show up and sometime only the BIN files show up. I used My Computer to verify that the files are still in the directories. Any ideas?
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:35 PM

A point of clarification?

When you say cdg files, what do you mean? A long time ago "cdg files" had two meanings 1: the large wave quality files that microstudio created (now named with the extension .bin 2: a small graphics file linked to an mp3 or wma file
Old September 13th, 2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Thomas View Post
When using the browse button on Microstudio to change to different directories, sometimes the CDG files show up and sometime only the BIN files show up. I used My Computer to verify that the files are still in the directories. Any ideas?
If you are talking about a few files, simply change the extensions from .CDG to .BIN..... right click on the file, select CHANGE NAME, but change the file extension only.

If you are talking a large number of files, buy MTU's Songverter to change multiple files in a batch.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old September 14th, 2007, 07:39 AM

This involves about 200 songs imported from Karaoke disks through the last six years with various versions of Microstudio. When imported they were given the .cdg file extension. I have Songverter. It does not recognize those file extensions. I realize that I can just change the file extension to .bin but that would be a couple of hundred times and when done my 10-15 saved "Write to Disk" files would need to be re-populated before I could burn backup disks again.

When I look in some directories .cdg and .bin file extensions are both shown, but in some directories only the .bin are shown and the other files are not pulled up on the list. That seems really odd to me.
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:29 AM

Sorry. I don't have a need for Songverter at this time, and ASSUMED (bad word) that MTU would include CDG to BIN conversion since they were strictly CDG for years and went over to strictly BIN and when designing Songverter they would cover their existing customers to make an easy conversion to BIN, knowing that many of those customers had large amounts of CDG's to convert.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old September 14th, 2007, 05:19 PM

George and Jahern, thanks for your responses and attempts to help me to figure this problem out. I am always impressed how quickly and sincerely people respond in the forums for MTU products.

The problem is now solved and still not understood. I reinstalled Microstudio 4.000, then upgraded to 4.001 and then to 4.002 and everything works just like it used to.

Thanks again.

Don Thomas
Old September 15th, 2007, 09:16 AM

Hey Don,
Go back to Microstudio 2,613 problems solved.
If I am creating any new discs I never use the newer versions because lots of karaoke machines don't recognize the format, somehow the original cdg is changed and machines won't read the new discs.
Don't ask me why.
Also the newer versions have to be constantly adjusted to get the words and music in synch.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry