MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 28th, 2002, 06:36 PM

extraction speed

is there anyway i can make the audio extraction rate go faster, it is running at 15x right now. it takes about 15-25 min per disc?
Old August 29th, 2002, 12:30 PM

Yes

Yes you can make it read faster if you have the full version of micro studio, up top click on drives, then select speed selection and set your read and write speeds.
I use a Plex 1640 so I can and do read at 40X and write at 16X for clean discs, for well used discs I will slow down my write speed if I am not getting clean back ups, but for the most part read and write as fast as my Plex will go.
Jim

Burn Burn Burn
Old August 29th, 2002, 11:29 PM

Question Read & Write Speed

Had an interesting problem pop up tonight. Maybe someone has an awnser. I have a Plextor 12/10/32A. Before I started using MTU, I, like many used CDRWIN. With this writer the best I could do was 6 & 4. (Read & Write) After switching to MTU I settled on 8 & 8. Needed to back up some copies tonight and decided to experiment and push the limit. The copy had a mix of Chartbuster and sound choice on it. Made several at 24 & 16. Really impressed and then when checking one of the copies for accuracy, I found that in play back on the play tab, the title page on several of the sound choice were fine, but that on several of the chartbuster songs, the title page would not come up but the lyrics afterwards would. Figuring this disc wasn't any good I re copied at 20 & 12. Still the same thing. Just as a "wonder if" I put the two (what I thought) bad copies in my Sony 400 and played them. They were both excellent. All lead ins and title pages came up perfectly.

Question: Why would Microstudio not show the intro and title page on the Chartbusters on the play tab, yet they work perfectly in my player?
Old August 30th, 2002, 08:05 AM

Speed

I never did get along with cdrwin, it never did work for me so I can't say anything good or bad about the product. I don't check my back ups using the play tab, that is not where my back ups need to work, they need to work in one of our players doing a show so I check mine on a Pioneer V555, if it plays them, they are good.

You still have not maxed your read speed, give it a try. I was told when I first got Micro Studio to read at 8 and write at 8 and slow down until I get good back ups. I got great back ups at that speed and started increasing until I maxed out and found out that the back ups of some of my old discs were better than the well used disc I started with.

Your question about the play tab compaired to what happens in your player, Bryan needs to get into that question.

Vanilla5.0 have you tried a faster read speed yet???

Jim

Burn Burn Burn