MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old October 5th, 2005, 11:32 PM

Question microstudio 2.611 will not recognize CD-Burner

I have updated to Microstudio 2.611. When I updated, my CD-Burner was no longer recognized. I updated the ASPI driver for microstudio per the intrustions from an MTU tech. The CD-Burner was recognized but the next time I turned microstudio off then on ... it would no longer be recognized. Even whenit was recognized the CD-Burner was not recognized as being Karaoke compatible. I have:

Windows XP - home (completely updated ... service pack 2)
Plextor Premium/SW cd-burner 52x32x52 (all drivers updated)
Microstudio 2.611 (uninstalled ASPI driver reinstalled per instructions from Bryan in support .. it shows v1.20)

I need some help. Please. I've installed .. uninstalled ... reinstalled ... deleted ... you name it. What am I doing wrong? I know I'm missing something I just can't see it. Help me Obi-won ... your my only hope!
Old October 6th, 2005, 01:53 PM

Uninstall the Micrsotudio Software. Reboot the computer. Then go to your Store Account, download the Microstudio Version 2.612 and see what happens. Then reboot your computer, then see if it is working.

You get to your Store account from: http://www.mtu.com/support/faq/faq-website.htm
Old October 12th, 2005, 03:23 PM

Version 2.611 or 2.612

I read on the web site that there is a new version 2.612, but when I downloaded, it shows up as version 2.611. Is there such a thing as 2.612 or is it a typo on the MTU web site?

Wes
Old October 13th, 2005, 02:29 PM

Do as I stated above in my last post. 2.612 is the current Version, this is not a typo.
Old October 13th, 2005, 03:22 PM

Ver. 2.612

Bryan,

First, I'm not having any problems with the program it's that the download shows up as 2.611 rather than 2.612. That's why I thought it was a TYPO. I don't have an account; I ordered the program via telephone and then received the e-mail with instructions on how to download. When I returned to that e-mail to download the 2.612 upgrade, I followed the instructions and I was able to download the upgrade, but it's 11 not 12.

Wes
Old October 13th, 2005, 04:30 PM

Go into the folder where you downloaded Microstudio and see of you don't have a file named mstudio2612setup.exe

If that's there, install it.

Hope this helps.

George
Old October 14th, 2005, 11:54 AM

There seems to be a problem with the ver. 2.612 upgrade. When I followed Bryan's instructions to upgrade through the "Store" I downloaded the file "mstudio.2612setup.exe" which is 4KB in size. I saved it to my documents, but when I tyried to RUN the application it indicated, ..."is not a valid Win32 application" and of course the process stoped.

Since I had removed the program based on Bryan's instruction, I downloaded using the original e-mail process and what was downloaded was an InstallShield Software Corporation file "mstudio2611setup.exe" which is 3,862KB in size. When I RAN this program it opened the IstallShield and it ended up being ver. 2.611, which appears to work fine.

The 2612 file has a different icon than the 2611 file. The 2611 has the InstallShield. Not sure what all this means, but I do know I have 2611 installed and 2612 will not install.

Wes
Old October 14th, 2005, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrahn
There seems to be a problem with the ver. 2.612 upgrade. When I followed Bryan's instructions to upgrade through the "Store" I downloaded the file "mstudio.2612setup.exe" which is 4KB in size. I saved it to my documents, but when I tyried to RUN the application it indicated, ..."is not a valid Win32 application" and of course the process stoped.
Wes, that error message and the size of the .exe file indicate a corrupted download. Possibly either you or your server has a firewall installed that interfered with the download. Delete that corrupted file , then try shutting off all firewalls temporarily, and download again.

The best place to save MTU downloads is in the MTU folder.

George
Old October 14th, 2005, 02:26 PM

Thanks George

I did as you suggested and I'm now the proud owner of ver. 2.612.

Thanks again,

Wes
Old October 14th, 2005, 02:53 PM

Glad to help...enjoy

George