MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 2nd, 2008, 07:15 PM

Installing KHPro on a Vista machine.... NOT

I just purchased KHPro and tried to load it on my Vista computer. It hardly gets started when it gives the following error:
Unhandled Exception
Error Number: 0x80040707
Description: DLL function call crashed: _ismtu.SetProduct
Setup will now terminate

There were references to this error on the MTU site which said to go to Windows update. I did that and currently am as updated as I can possibly be, but keep getting the same error. I've got a support ticket in with MTU, but don't know how long that will take.
Anybody else have that same error/issue?
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

If you did the Express Update from Microsoft, you didn't get all the updates. You have to do the Custom Update.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:56 PM

Thank you for the response. Is there a particular update I'm looking for?
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Probably .net Framework, but it wouldn't hurt to do all of them. The Express or Auto update only does security updates that Microsoft deems as critical. The resr=t will update sub programs on your computer that are needed for other things to work correctly.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:12 PM

Custom Vista updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
If you did the Express Update from Microsoft, you didn't get all the updates. You have to do the Custom Update.

I went to Microsoft's Vista Update site and couldn't access anything that said Custom Update. Any help? Thanks!
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Probably .net Framework, but it wouldn't hurt to do all of them. The Express or Auto update only does security updates that Microsoft deems as critical. The resr=t will update sub programs on your computer that are needed for other things to work correctly.
I just tried a .net Framework upgrade and apparently I already have the latest version.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

I don't have Vista or I could go to the site and tell you exactly where to find it. Maybe someone who uses Vista can tell what you need to do to get the custom updates.
Do a search for Belarc Advisor on the internet, download it and run it (Its free). This program will tell you if all the updates are correctly installed or if you need some that aren't. All Microsoft's website can tell you is that you have downloaded and installed it, not whether it actually worked.
The error you are getting means something is missing from your computer that the install program needs to complete it.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:52 AM

I ran the Belarc Advisor. What an extensive report that puts out. It was 7 pages long. It even told me I had some dust in the computer.... just kidding, of course. But it did tell me I'm completely up to date. Any suggestions now? Thanks for that idea about Belarc.
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:25 AM

This error normally only happens when you don't have all the Windows Updates. The only other time that I have seen this problem is very rare, but the laptop/desktop computer you have is reporting stuff different then the norm. So what is happening is your Network cards are reporting errors when we try to read the data from them.

There is no easy way around this, other than to have you deal with us and work with us to get it fixed. We will have to get the programmer to do a special build of Khpro for you that will give us extra details and information, to see if we can fix this on your system.
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:19 AM

Thank you for your response Bryan. Having looked around at so many of these types of programs, I was really set on using yours. But, alas, so far it hasn't been cooperating.
So, I guess the next step is for you to let me know what you need me to do (mostly in the way of information, I suppose).
Thanks.
Chris Foster
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:45 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfosterdc View Post
I ran the Belarc Advisor. What an extensive report that puts out. It was 7 pages long. It even told me I had some dust in the computer.... just kidding, of course. But it did tell me I'm completely up to date. Any suggestions now? Thanks for that idea about Belarc.
Mine was only two pages long and only listed programs and system info and updates to windows.

Should it have contained more info, what's missing on mine?

Old October 8th, 2008, 12:56 AM

still waiting for resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT View Post
This error normally only happens when you don't have all the Windows Updates. The only other time that I have seen this problem is very rare, but the laptop/desktop computer you have is reporting stuff different then the norm. So what is happening is your Network cards are reporting errors when we try to read the data from them.

There is no easy way around this, other than to have you deal with us and work with us to get it fixed. We will have to get the programmer to do a special build of Khpro for you that will give us extra details and information, to see if we can fix this on your system.
------------------------------

Well, I'm still waiting for resolution to my problem. I've paid for this program and would like to be able to use it. Where do we go from here?
Thanks!
Old October 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfosterdc View Post
------------------------------

Well, I'm still waiting for resolution to my problem. I've paid for this program and would like to be able to use it. Where do we go from here?
Thanks!
First, please run KHPro, click Help > About KHPro... and if the version number is not 4.11, then go here: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/khpro.htm and download and install it. This might work better as it has our newest security code that allows you to remove it while on-line, and reinstall it on another computer. This could solve your problem.

If it doesn't, I have emailed this Thread ID to our programmer who could create a "Debug" version with traces to have you run it and see where the problem is. As Bryan (MTUSUPPORT) pointed out, we have only seen a hardware conflict once before on HP computers that had a new set of IO that we had to allow.

We'll be watching for your post here as to what version you have, and if not 4.11, did it work for you.
Old October 8th, 2008, 08:33 PM

Talking Hurray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
First, please run KHPro, click Help > About KHPro... and if the version number is not 4.11, then go here: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/khpro.htm and download and install it. This might work better as it has our newest security code that allows you to remove it while on-line, and reinstall it on another computer. This could solve your problem.

If it doesn't, I have emailed this Thread ID to our programmer who could create a "Debug" version with traces to have you run it and see where the problem is. As Bryan (MTUSUPPORT) pointed out, we have only seen a hardware conflict once before on HP computers that had a new set of IO that we had to allow.

We'll be watching for your post here as to what version you have, and if not 4.11, did it work for you.
Well, prior to reading your post, I was poking around your website and notice that there was a recent update (4.11), so I thought, what the heck and downloaded. Sure enough, it installed. Hurray!
By the way, I have to laugh at your post. It wouldn't have been possible for me to click Help > About KHPro... the program never would install! LOL!
Anyway, thanks for whatever you did in the upgrade that allowed me to install the program. Now I can waste incredible amounts of time making my own karaoke songs...... LOL!
Chris Foster