MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 30th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Question Import from cdg

Well I've poked around and read threads, revisited requirements, updated vista(6/30/09), bought a new usb cable and Hoster still freezes up when I click on Import cd tracks (am trying to direct import from ext. Optiarc to copy as kma's). Am I doing the correctly? Still works if I use MicroStudio but that's more steps especially to resave .bin to .kma's on ext. hdd.This is becomming a real nail biter Any Suggestions?
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Did you retest and set this drive as the default in the Tools- CD/DVD Drives?
Secondly make sure the external drive is plugged in, recognized by Windows (Windows Explorer and is the same drive letter each time.
Also have you made the changes needed in this link?
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/v...de-hoster4.htm
Old June 30th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Just to add to Dales post:
From Hoster Click on Tools on top menu, select CD/DVD Drives, you should see a window open as shown in the attachment to this thread.

Make sure it is showing the correct, Drive Status Good & the correct reading drive in the bottom box then press Save.

Roy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cdg Drives.JPG (37.7 KB, 14 views)
Old July 1st, 2009, 12:40 PM

Windows Exp. Does Not Recognize

Thanks Friends- Clicking on Windows Expl. G/drive it says ; G:/ Application not found. I'LL poke around to try and fix- Appreciate suggestions. And yes, I've done the drive default and it is recognized and saved and re-visited install rules a number of time just to be sure (madcow desease) and also bought new usb cable. Just as an update I said MS still imports as .bin and it still does convert to .kma but than I must erase bins off F: Drive (Ext. Hdd) and reimport .kma's using Song's Database Maintenance
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blochbuster View Post
Thanks Friends- Clicking on Windows Expl. G/drive it says ; G:/ Application not found. I'LL poke around to try and fix- Appreciate suggestions. And yes, I've done the drive default and it is recognized and saved and re-visited install rules a number of time just to be sure (madcow desease) and also bought new usb cable. Just as an update I said MS still imports as .bin and it still does convert to .kma but than I must erase bins off F: Drive (Ext. Hdd) and reimport .kma's using Song's Database Maintenance
The problem then is Windows is not recognizing the drive right. Hoster is trying to get to the drive and not able to thus it crashes when you open the Import from CD. Importing from Hard drive is a whole different section so they will not be affected the same way.
I am confused by what you are saying for this last part. Once you have imported from the BIN files it creates a new file (KMA) and adds the information to the Songs Database. Deleting the BIN files should have no effect on this and the KMA files will still be registered in Hoster. Try doing a search for one of the songs after you have deleted the BINs and you should see it listed. In simpler terms you don't need to do the last step you are doing unless you are moving the KMA files.
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:20 PM

Thanks Dale, Im importing from optiarc to ms as .bin than to hoster it converts to kma than I delete .bin from ex. F: drive replacing with kma so i don't have both . It does seem windows is not recognizing the drive but Drive say the are workong proper and microsoft problem fixer says it sees no prob
ps off to work
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Import your BIN files into another folder (not the location where you have your song (KMA) files. Then set the import in Hoster to put the KMA files in the correct location (Save To). Then you don't have to move them and you can delete the BIN files without any problems.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 12:31 AM

At a loss to import

I have done everything I can think of to import through hoster to no avail. I I don't even get the import cd screen.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Have you done all the required changes to Vista for Hoster such as turning off the UAC?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blochbuster View Post
I don't even get the import cd screen.
Has this just started. In your earlier posts you said you could get this screen and that it crashed after this.?

What version of Hoster is it ? from the Help Menu open "about Hoster" and see which version you have as there have been a few updates recently the very latest is 4.09d.

Just as a fresh start either reinstall or update to the latest version if it is not 4.09d, while installing on one of the screens is a tick box to remove any previous settings, tick this box. With a fresh install see if it is any improvement.

Remember you must be on line to do this.

Roy
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:36 AM

Is this running on a Mac? If so, just a thought that maybe Vista is acting even stranger than on a PC.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:50 AM

I have complied numerous times and have posted so, also reinstalled twice. as far as Vista acting even stranger on a mac - it has its own partition, it doesn't know its on a Mac (Shhhh, don't tell it) Unless I boot into Mac first and turn on Virtual Machine than I can use both at the same time.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

You said you bought a new USB cable and that didn't help, so have you tried it in a different port on the computer to see if the port is bad?
You also stated that Windows Explorer can't get to the drive either which tells me it isn't Hoster blocking it but Vista or the hardware.
When you boot into Mac can you see and read the drive?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:24 AM

thanks Dale, may I need to clarify- explorer shows an icon for G: drive (optiarc) and will show and play songs (On Media Payer) when i hit open, but if i hit play there isn't a path(probably due to no Autoplay being set?) but it is there-windows or Mac. Also USB works in both and recognized as G:
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

I am not sure what else to try. I think it is time to put in a Support Ticket to MTU and see if they can figure it out. They can tap into your computer (with your permission of course) and see exactly what is going on/ It is very difficult to troubleshoot by long distance.
Old July 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Thumbs up Fix for import cd track

Thank you all again for your input. I did put in a ticket and recieved help through a Direct Imput from MTU. Wow, ain't technology grand! They found a glitch and will be fixed in next upgrade. First time dealing with techies that was so pleasant of an experince! I'm goin' to work an I Feel Good
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:33 PM

I'm not going nuts??? hooray hooray hooray!!!! I just got an email from mtu this morning to. I was the first to have this exact trouble. And for awhile i thought i was the only one.

Tags
hoster, import