MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old October 18th, 2004, 01:06 PM

Quick And Easy Labels For Your Back Up's

This is not an original idea. Someone else posted it a couple of years ago, but I thought it might be worth repeating.

I do this with an all in one color Printer, Scanner, Copier. I've never tried it on a heat generating copy machine. Don't know if it would cause jamming or not.

Don't discard a couple of the used sheets after you've made labels. Instead get a sharp scissors and cut out the backings in circles where the labels were, two on one, and one on another.

You've just made a single label and a dual label template for creating new labels. Simply put the appropriate template on your copier, face side up, and lay the original cdg disc(s) in the hole(s) label side down, and copy to a clean label sheet... Neato, or whatever program you use.

Quick and easy way to make great looking labels for your back ups. Saves loads of work.

Like I said, not an original idea, just passing on to a new MTU generation of users.

George
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:30 AM

Smile Re: Quick And Easy Labels For Your Back Up's

George, I notice you have a scanner. I use a scanner with "click and design" software that comes with the stomper labels. Avery has bought the firm, and I think Avery software also comes with some of the label packages. With this software, you scan the disc into the template, and of course, it fits perfectly into the template. I use the two up. So just scan two disc, but one at a time into the template, and it is ready to print. If you have a color printer they come out great. I don't know if you need it or not, but I put a blank piece of white paper over the top of the disc to protect it from the top of the scanner, and it gives it a white background. Like I said, I don't know that it is necessary, but it comes out great! bill
Old January 23rd, 2005, 07:47 PM

Thumbs up Re: Quick And Easy Labels For Your Back Up's

I found an easy way to get labels. You can download the photo of the disk label for many Karaoke disks at this web address. http://www.cdcovers.cc/karaoke_c.php
Just search by the first letter of the manufactures name. Not all labels are there but it saves time. I found three out of four. I just use the command "adjust to fit disk" in Media face 11 labeling software. Most label software has a similiar function

John
Old January 30th, 2005, 05:14 PM

Smile Re: Quick And Easy Labels For Your Back Up's

Thanks John, that is good info. It is easier than scanning! bill
Old September 30th, 2006, 08:08 PM

Hey All,
I gave up making CD labels ages ago, too much like hard work
I have an Epson Photo R200, which prints directed on the CD.
It's obsolete now but there are other models out there.
The beauty of it is the inbuilt label design package which allows you to download or scan directly as a background.
Now that printable CDs and DVDs are no more expensive than the ordinary ones, it makes sense.
When I do CDs as presents for grandkids I now put a photgraph of them on the CD, it's much more personal.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old October 1st, 2006, 11:34 AM

Gary, I have an epson 200 printer and would like to know which brand of CDR you are using to make your copies of CDG? As you know there are not too many brands of CDR's that can hold up to lots of handling without slowly losing their graphics. Was just wondering what brand of printable CDR hold graphics the best. Regards, Dave
Old October 1st, 2006, 01:28 PM

Hey Dave,
So far I have used Verbatim, Imation and Infiniti CDs and DVDs, although over the years I have used probably every named ordinary make known to man.
I like Infiniti the best but I can't say which would be the longest lasting.
The ink appears to dry quite quickly but they are still vunerable for a little time after printing, that's where I've made mistakes in the past.
To be honest none of the ones I have done have been overly used and only time will tell which will turn out best.
Some I have are 3 years old and are still in good nick.
I haven't used the glossy surface ones only matt, my thinking, easier to smear a glossy one, but I don't know.
I only use mine when I go to someone else's karaoke and use clam shells cases for protection.
Soon as I get round to it going to try out Lightscribe and etch the labels.
So I suppose the answer is "You pays yer money an takes yer choice"
Regards from across the pond
Garry
Old October 1st, 2006, 07:52 PM

Garry, thanks for the quick reply. I have heard imation and verbatum has a good disc and think it might be worth a try, but I not familiar with infinity (sounds like a Japanese car). In the past, I have used lots of Mitsui (before they changed there name) and I currently use TDK because they seem to hold their graphics.
I too figure the matte finish would be the best.
Regards, Dave
Old October 1st, 2006, 08:37 PM

Hey Dave,
Infiniti professional (ends in an i) are made in Taiwan and are marketed by Medea International Limited which sounds like it might have a UK base.
They were voted best buy by What Video.
although I think most branded discs these days are of a high standard we all lean towards one which becomes our favourite.
Garry
Old October 5th, 2006, 11:29 AM

Smile

Quote:
Soon as I get round to it going to try out Lightscribe and etch the labels.
Garry
I use the Lightscribe some. They are not in color and they take 15 minutes to put a label on them.

Shuttle X ComputersWindows XP Pro. SP3 AMD 1.8 gig Processor1 gig Memory
Video NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32 meg

Dell Laptop 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1
4 Gig Mem. Vista Basic
Old October 6th, 2006, 09:09 PM

Hey Imcmains,
I know that the Lightscribe system is both slow and not in colour, just more permanent and doesn't have the problem of smudging the text on a CD.
You are not producing these for commercal reasons so it's obviously a matter of personal choice.
Garry
Old October 7th, 2006, 01:41 PM

Gary
Just when I make a Karaoke disc for the Grandkids. Also if I make a backup disc sometimes. They do come out real good. You can scan the orginal disc label and it comes out pretty good.

Shuttle X ComputersWindows XP Pro. SP3 AMD 1.8 gig Processor1 gig Memory
Video NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32 meg

Dell Laptop 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1
4 Gig Mem. Vista Basic
Closed Thread