MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old January 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Matshita DVD-Ram UJ870QJ. Wont import

I recently inherited a laptop computer from my sister. It is a Sony VGN-AR61E running Vista Home Premium. I have loaded Hoster 4.06 on to it and every thing works spot on and very fast except the DVD Rom. From the tools menu CD/DVD drives it shows the Matshita DVD-Ram UJ870QJ Kar Read Yes, Show Yes. Now if I try to import a Song from the import songs Menu CD Tracks, or from disk option next to the brand button it performs the operation perfectly although very fast to my existing system that is about 7 years old.
Now this is where it goes wrong, it shows in the play list as ready but when you play it I just get continuous clicks no other sound or graphics.
I have my existing Plextor Premium U Cd Writer which functions perfectly with this Sony Computer so am not too bothered if I can't get the integral drive to work except it would save having to hook something else up.

I have done all the updates except "silver light". and followed all the Vista recommended changes to the best of my knowledge.

If anybody else has this computer model or dvd drive, have you any ideas thank you.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM

have you tried updating the driver ?
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Yes. I have been on the sony website and installed all their updates.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Run the Detect Again test in the CD\DVD tool. It will ask you to put in a disk (CDG) and then test to see if it can actually read it correctly.
Many laptop drives just can't handle the CDG format, even though they may be CD\DVD drives.
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Yes Dale I have tried that several times it always says can read but end result is always the same. I have been on the Sony update site but can not find a driver later than the one installed which is dated 21/06/06.
I have been trying to find the Matshita web site to no avail as yet.
Thanks for your input.
Old January 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Have you tried deleting the Upper and Lower Filters to see if this helps? I can look up the procedure if you don't have it or can't find it.
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:22 PM

Roy FWIW...i have this type of DVD/CD rom drive in my Toshiba lappy. It's about a year old, and it does the exact same thing. I am using an mtu external optiarc drive. Ya just cain't beat the drives mtu puts tagether. A great alternative to having a laptop internal that actually works correctly. Like dale says, most of them don't work right.
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Yes Musicman51 I use my external on my other XP laptop as well, although that one imports OK the external is a lot faster

I think I will close this thread now as it is a year old and no one had an answer for the original problem.

Roy
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:25 PM

Matshita drives will say that they will work, but they will NOT work with any of the Karaoke Software. They say they support it, but when it truly comes down to it, they do not actually work.

This is the problem, going to close this thread now.