MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 19th, 2014, 11:52 AM

MicroStudio 4.30 and Toshiba AMD C655D Import Problem

Toshiba C655D Laptop
Processor: AMD C-50... 1ghz
Ram: 3gb (maybe 2gb)
Win7 64 Bit Home Premium with Svc Pack 1
AMD Radeon HD 6250 Video with 1mg L2 cache
Matshita(?) dvd/cd burner internal.

Problem: Import of cdg songs varies from half bad to real bad on the graphics. They may even freeze on screen after scrambling badly, and the audio may continue or not, etc.

Is there a shortcut to minimum computer equipment required for this version of MicroStudio 4.30? All I've seen is 'check your computer by trying the Demo', etc. And btw, the Demo has the same problems. I'm concerned that the 1.0ghz may be too 'slow', and the bare minumum 2.0 or 3.0 gig of ram may not be adequate, as well....

I've had and used MS since back in the 2.. versions. This is a friend's laptop and I'm trying to get him hooked up with his first of MTU's great products, etc. My thoughts are that this laptop just hasn't the capability to run this newest version of MStudio. Did install the 'Lame' file, and the '_smtu' or similar, files and got it to import tracks successfully, but with the problem/s noted above.

Some distance between the two of us so could take time to apply a solution, etc., just fyi. However, I'd appreciate any thoughts ya'll might have, etc. My last MS version was 4.24, and yesterday I upgraded to this new 4.30 on my Dell Win7 64 bit XPS I-5 quad core 6gb ram. I'll be playing with 4.30 on my laptop in the days ahead.

Thanks, people!

MemphisDave
Old April 19th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MicroStudio 4.30 and Toshiba AMD C655D Import Problem

This page shows minimum requirements at the very bottom: http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke.htm
It does not state anything about processor or ram, I don't think Microstudio is that power hungry like Hoster.

I believe the problem is with the DVD/CD burner. It may test as good but that isn't always 100% accurate.

Does it play a file OK that is not ripped from the on board drive like a purchased zip or mp3+g file ?
If so then that seems to point to the on board cd/dvd drive not being good enough.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 19th, 2014, 01:20 PM

Hey, Roy...

Thx for the quick response! Believe we did the ' read disc' and then played some of the songs from an AllStar disc, as well as some from a backup disc I burnt using my MS 4.24. Can't believe that we Didn't do that test. But, I do know we didn't play the songs all the way thru, etc. Just a minute/coupla minutes, etc.

Will get with my bud within the next day or so and double check, and then try the play thru of already recorded cdg songs just to be sure. Was a time during setup and all I 'felt' that the dvd/cd burner might be the problem, so we'll recheck the play only operation to verify, etc. I will update the posting here as pertinent.

The link to the computer requirements page is the only one I found prior, etc. I use Hoster, and I remember way back an 800ghz minimum which then, I think, went up to 1.6ghz or similar on the later versions. Wasn't sure if MS followed that same pattern and I just had no luck finding anything more specific than on your linked page.

Thanks again, RD! Will get back and update soonest on the double check.

dm
Old May 29th, 2014, 03:42 PM

Hey, folks... Problems Solved...

Turns out there was a problem with my friend's laptop... unrelated to the MStudio 4.30. Glad he got the problem corrected and now his MStudio appears to work fine.

Thanks to Roy D. for response, and to the rest of ya'll for being great Forum'ers!

md
Old May 29th, 2014, 03:45 PM

Re: MicroStudio 4.30 and Toshiba AMD C655D Import Problem.... Problems Solved

Think the dvd burner was the problem. Replaced it and now all fine...