MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 03:05 PM

Question about player software.

Considering buying Karaoke Suite 4. I will be creating my own cdg files from background music I have recorded using my keyboard. This will be done on a desktop (tower) pc. However, I do plan to use my laptop when performing the songs. My question is will I have to buy a separate software player for my laptop or will I be able to install the one that comes with the Suite on both the desktop and the laptop?
Old September 28th, 2003, 03:09 PM

External USB Ethernet

If you register you KPRO with a removable USB Ethernet adapter, and designate it as the one to use for registration purposes, it is possible to use it on both computers as long as you have the removable ethernet pot attached to the computer you are using. As far as the player, I'm not sure if the liscense agreement allows you to install the same version on two different computers. I bought two liscense, one for each of my computers. Someone form MTU might have to weigh in on this one. As far as I know there is not a security feature that prevents you from running Microstudio on more than one computer.
Old September 30th, 2003, 02:37 PM

Thanks

Thanks Steve, I really appreciate your help. I've learned from MTU support that they allow you to install Microstudio on any personal computer that you own, without requiring the purchase of other licenses.

Thanks again.
Old September 30th, 2003, 09:50 PM

Great! Yes I read that too somewhere else right after I answered your thread. You are in good company in these forums. If you are a little patient, (I'm not so good at that), the users of this forum can help with most any situation. Good luck, and let us know how things are working for you.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 11:45 AM

The new version of Microstudio can be installed on Up to 4 systems, before it shuts down. You can reinstall it on the same computer as many times as you want, but only up to 4 different systems before it deativates itself.

So I wouldn't install it on more than 2 just in case you have a crash of a system or you replace your system with a new one.