MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 2nd, 2017, 10:26 AM

Hoster Running Slow

Running Hoster 5.40.01. Did a show yesterday and it was taking about 30 seconds to play each song in manual mode and sometimes the program would just hang up. I had most of my background programs closed including the anti-virus. I restarted the laptop several times and still had this issue. The only recent changes I made was I added 10 insta- buttons. It also took a long time if I stopped a song. When I put the program in Auto mode it was faster loading in between songs.
This morning I started laptop in normal mode, tried Hoster and everything seems to be working ok so I have no idea what was going on.
Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this.
Dell Inspiron
Windows 10 Home 64 bit 2.40GHz 16GB ram
1TB Hard Drive
Old April 3rd, 2017, 04:14 PM
VIP

Re: Hoster Running Slow

I don\'t see what processor you have but I do see you have windows 10. With windows 10 home version we don\'t have much control over when it decides to download updates. There have been a few extensive updates lately and if you had a internet connection that was active, it may be that this is what slowed down Hoster. What I have started doing now, especially if I am running a show, I make sure my wifi is turned off or in airplane mode. This will temporarily stop windows from updating. I also temporarily turn off my virus program (Norton). Another thing I found is if you are using Acronis for backups it seems to have a mind of it\'s own sometimes regardless if you have it set to backup at a certain time and will slow your computer or certain programs down considerably. I\'m not saying this was your problem but it certainly is worth thinking about.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.