MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old November 10th, 2004, 11:05 AM

Cannot Restore DAT

Trying to restore DAT(s), gives message "Found sync, searching for beginning of data", then the message disappears and the DAT is not restored. Ran Functionality Test, FAILED Krystal Interrupt Test, gave a message "Interrupt and number not set". What does this mean? What do I do to get my DAT's restored?
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:22 AM

Re: Cannot Restore DAT

Jim,
I am not sure what the system is supposed to do anymore, when restoring from Dat as it has been years since we have had a Dat to use.

What version of Microeditor are you running? What version of Windows is installed? If the Interupt is not showing correctly, make sure there is nothing else on this same interupt under Windows 98SE or ME. If you have Windows 2000 or XP, then this won't matter, but I don't think that the Dat Features are in the 5.5 version, I am not sure, but I don't think they are.
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:43 AM

I am using 5.5.0.0, windows XP Pro.
Old November 10th, 2004, 12:43 PM

Has it ever worked under this system as far as you know?
Old November 10th, 2004, 01:46 PM

Bryan, I really am not sure if I have ever restored a DAT on this workstation before. We bought the total workstation from you on 11/24/03, and I just assumed the workstation was checked out by you guys before it was shipped to us and that everything was working.

I even switched out Krystal Boards (we have 2) and the DAT restore still would not work...jim
Old November 11th, 2004, 11:11 AM

Unhappy Re: Cannot Restore DAT

Does anyone have an answer/suggestion as to how I can get my "Restore from DAT" to work! I am stuck and my work is shut down until I can restore DAT's.
Old November 15th, 2004, 10:55 AM

Jim,
Make sure that you can play out Digitally from Microeditor to your Dat Machine, if it is recording this correctly, then this will say that the Dat machine and computer are working together. This means that the digital is output is working on the Krystal and the Dat is accepting the Playback.

We removed the Backup To Dat command due to the Media not being reliable, and failing sooner than they stated. So it is possible that your tapes have been damaged. There were warnings about this in the Manuals, after this backup command had been removed in the Past.

Try other Dat tapes and see if you can find any that will work. Tapes do have a Limited Life.

I just talked to Dave to get any information that I could for you, and this is what he Told me about the Media and what would cause this.

I am sorry, but I was out of town from Thursday through Sunday, and just got back in to the office.
Old November 15th, 2004, 01:52 PM

Hey Bryan,

I played out Digitally from Microeditor to my Dat Machine, and recorded a segment from the DAT Machine to Mix screen, and then I tried to Restore the DAT and it worked (don't know why) with the exception of not restoring the mix (which makes it all worthless to me because I recorded it in mono so when it plays on the DAT it is double time). Then I realized that the the backup had been performed with 2.7b, which in the past I had problems restoring 2.7b on newer versions.

So I dug out the info and 2.7b disk you sent me in Sept of 1998 to setup 2.7b on my computer. I followed the directions exactly, but when I tried to run 2.7b it gave me an error message "Can't access MicroSound device".

What next? The Devil really doesn't want me to work on this project! (It is a series of teachings that Pastor Malcolm did on the Holy Spirit) Got any suggestions/answers to how I can get the 2.7b to work?
Old November 15th, 2004, 05:36 PM

Jim,
The only system that you can install the 2.7B on is a Windows 98SE System. It will not run under XP, the only version of Microeditor that will run under Xp or 2000 is 5.500.

So to beable to get it to run, you will have to have a 98SE computer, with a motherboard that worked with Krystal Under Windows 98SE and then you could do it.

If you can get here the Audio, then it seems the system is working, but for some reason it is not restoring from the Dat Tape, which the header could be corrupted or something, I am not sure. This is all I know to tell you to go on.