MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 25th, 2017, 09:13 AM

Import Errors

I am importing a large number of ZIP files stored on an external drive using the ZIP/KMH import utility. After each batch, there are files listed in the window that did not import for one reason or another. Sometimes the field order doesn\'t match; sometimes the ZIP file itself is corrupted or one or the other of its two components cannot be read.

Aren\'t the filenames of the import failures supposed to be listed in ImportErrorLog.txt? Following one recent import, about 100 import failures appeared in the Hoster window; however, ImportErrorLog.txt only lists one failed track.

Does someone know (1) why not all failures appear in the \"txt\" file, and (2) is another way to save or print the window with all the failures?

Thanks!
Old October 25th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Import Errors

I don’t know why their not listed in the errors list or any way to print the list of files showing in the import window.

All I can suggest is can you attach one of the failed files to your post ?

It will probably have to be in a zip format to attach.

Also let us know your Hoster version and are you importing them as kma ?

If you select the single option and then the add files button it will normally tell you if there’s a define field order mismatch.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; October 25th, 2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old October 25th, 2017, 11:18 AM

Thanks, Roy:

I am using Hoster v5.50.06. I import zip files from an external USB drive using the KMH method. The particular import I referenced in my post used a folder of about 29,000 ZIPs ... a combination of DK and SC songs. At the end of the import, the difference between the number of ZIP folders and KMH files in my original folder was 184. That means Hoster was unable to index 184 out of 29,000+ songs. Besides field order mismatches (of which there were none in this example), I\'ve identified three or four reasons the ZIP folders could not be indexed. Some I could fix (like too many files zipped into one ZIP folder) were easy), but others I could not, such as when the *.cdg file is missing from the ZIP folder altogether.

Roy, all I want to to do is get a list of those 184 songs. The ImportErrorLog.txt file should be the answer, but it isn\'t (only one of the 184 failures is listed). Trying other methods, I found that in Hoster\'s import window, Ctrl-A does not work, so I can\'t simply paste the list into my own txt, docx, or xlsx file.

Thoughts?
Old October 25th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry but I can’t think of any way to copy that list in the import files window.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.