MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 25th, 2007, 12:10 PM

Recording singers with microstudio

How do you record singers at your shows with Microstudio using a Professional cordless Shure mic connected to a professional amp/mixer? I may have things for recording in wrong inputs. Need help. Thank you!
Old August 26th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

First Microstudio is not for running shows, but for working with your files, creating custom CDs, and a bunch of other things.
Hoster is for running shows and the recording capability has not been included yet, though it is on the list of functions to be added.
Additionally, just so you understand that for your recording to be legal, you can only record them if they own the CD/song that is being recorded. They can not be singing from one of your CDs and have you record it. It is pretty complicated but there are other threads that go into this.

With all that said, to record on the computer you will need an unamplified output from the mixer to the line-in or microphone input on your sound card. You will need to figure out what type of connectors you need for the mixer and the sound card to get the right cable. This varys from equipment to equipment, so no way for us to tell you exactly what to get.
Old August 26th, 2007, 11:01 AM

Recording singers

Singers are singing to karaoke only. There should not be legal problems with this. No CD's made of singers. Thank you for the reply. I believe my hook-up should be non amp. Thanks again.
Old August 26th, 2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller View Post
Singers are singing to karaoke only. There should not be legal problems with this. No CD's made of singers. Thank you for the reply. I believe my hook-up should be non amp. Thanks again.
Seems somewhat ambiguous. If no cd's are being made of singers, why record them?

Anyway, what Dale told you about legality applies to karaoke backing tracks (if that's what you meant by "no CD's made of singers"), as well as full original audio tracks.

Karaoke tracks are still copywritten material.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old August 26th, 2007, 03:38 PM

Some karaoke hosts record the singers and play the recording as the next singer is coming to the stage. The singers sometimes get a great thrill when they hear themselves. I think it might run some folks off, but in a few bars I go to, the crowd loves it.

As the next singer sings, it is recorded over the last one. Therefore it is gone forever, and isn't given to anyone.
Old August 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshoe View Post
Some karaoke hosts record the singers and play the recording as the next singer is coming to the stage. The singers sometimes get a great thrill when they hear themselves. I think it might run some folks off, but in a few bars I go to, the crowd loves it.

As the next singer sings, it is recorded over the last one. Therefore it is gone forever, and isn't given to anyone.
Thanks for the info. Really not a bad idea.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:01 PM
VIP

George,
I have been doing this too recently using a freeware that records quite well. Playing back just enough so they can hear themselves for less than a minute or so.

Most ppl like it, you get to learn the ones that don't.