MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 17th, 2008, 11:39 AM

songverter speed

I'm tryilng to convert kma files to mp3+g. It only converts about 100 per hour. I have amost 17,000 songs. At this speed it will take forever. Can anything speed up the proccess. Also, everytime I try to convert, the program stops with some kind of error.
Any help out there, Mike
Old February 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

You are converting from 1 compression format to a second compression format. Songverter has to uncompress the first format then recompress in the second format. That is why it is only doing 100 an hour. The only thing that could speed it up at all would be to lower your mp3 compression ratio (the higher the number the lesser the compression) but that will also result in larger mp3 files.
The stopping on an error was a problem that has been fixed in version 1.003 which was released about a week ago. Now it logs the errors in a log file that you can look at after you finish. It is a free upgrade.
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:37 PM

Question Re: songverter speed

Hi MTU & Users

I'm thinking of buying the Mtu Songverter but when i read it can only do 100 songs per hour thats gonna take a huge amount of time
Has there been any update since this post started in year 2007 to how many songs it can convert from Kma to MP3+G?

Does this depend on the specs of individual laptops...the higher the specs & speed the faster it will convert?

Looking Forward To Replies.

Thankyou in Advance
Mike
Old March 8th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: songverter speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelly View Post
Hi MTU & Users

I'm thinking of buying the Mtu Songverter but when i read it can only do 100 songs per hour thats gonna take a huge amount of time
Has there been any update since this post started in year 2007 to how many songs it can convert from Kma to MP3+G?

Does this depend on the specs of individual laptops...the higher the specs & speed the faster it will convert?

Looking Forward To Replies.

Thankyou in Advance
Mike
That was the original poster's comment. As he said he was converting from KMA to MP3+G which is going from one compressed format to another. This will always be the slowest conversion. Newer faster computers since that time may help with this, but any conversion you do will require time for the first format to be read and rewritten to the new format. This is not an instantanious process. No program that I know of can get around that fact.
I have never had any problem with speed on it but at the same time I don't convert large amounts of files.
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:41 AM

Re: songverter speed

Hi Dale

Thanx very much for your words, my first aim is to get this Trial version working..at this stage its not happening for me and i'm spending hours thinking why ( but i'm not a computer expert either...with help from generous people like yourself & others on this forum i hope i can get it working so i can buy the full paid version

Regards
Mike