MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 6th, 2006, 04:53 PM

"Luxuriousity" karaoke program - comparison?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the "Luxuriousity" karaoke software and wondered how it compares to Vogone. They have their own website and tout their product as being the best.

Anyone tried this and have some results for comparison purposes? I'm just curious.

thanx
Old January 15th, 2006, 06:50 PM

"Luxuriousity" karaoke program - comparison?

I have briefly gone through their website.

One of their products,
(LUXURIOUSITY™ MULTI-TRACK MUSIC STUDIO Multi-Track Sound Editing Software)

is identical to "Audacity".

Audacity is completely free of charge for download and use, and has a fairly comprehensive user community adding documentation and guide on its use periodically.

Now, if you are looking to spend any money on Luxioursity, please consider the following FIRST:

1. If they claim to be so good as to be able to devocalize 'ANY SONG' !!!! Why do they allow a free trial (of say 5 songs, or for 5 days, or even, an e-mail back of the song - or part of your sample song - after they devocalized it). Get them to do one song or a partial song for you. (No excuse for too large a song to e-mail, because you are looking for a proof - a 'strategic' part of the song will be enough).

2. Do you want to deal with somebody who plagiarize other people's software and claim it to be theirs ? It is a credibility issue. Looks like very fishy to me!

3. Their website lists a contact address in California, U.S.A. which is useful because if you ever have a problem with their 100% money back refund with the shipping charges you paid, you may make a complaint to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov) if you are residing in U.S.

4. And get yourself all the documentary evidence of what they claimed in their website (and if you communicated with them in writing about their product capabilities, save them for your rainy day), how their product failed to meet your requirements, and what they said about refund policies, and their refusal, etc. If you use one of the credit cards which offers 'protection on purchases', use it to pay them, and then be diligent in ascertaining that their software can do what they claim to do in your situation. This got to be done within a few days. And be ready to get your credit card issuer to refuse payment to them.

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A FIGHT (even through you may not need to fire a single shot) BUY SMART !

Franky, it is too good to be true ! Ever heard of Internet Scams ???

I look forward to hear your good experience about these kind of people.
Old January 16th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Lynda, you are one of our Testimonials for Vogone! You clearly continue to do your homework!

As verynewbie has clearly stated, Luminosity is "too good to be true". They do NOT own or develop any products. These products are from other companies, and most are free elsewhere. That should give you a clear understanding what their "business model" is. Buyer Beware!

For others who read this Thread, MTU has a money back guarantee on our products should you wish to try Vogone. You might want to read what others (including Beta Testers) wrote about Vogone.

There is no vocal eliminator/reducer that will remove or even reduce the vocals of every song. Please read our "warnings" on our sales page so you know before buying. Some folks think the resulting, devocalized song will sound as if the original recording studio did a remix without the vocal. That will never happen. The question is how much of the music is left behind when the vocals are removed. That is where MTU has gone beyond the norm. We allow you - in real time while listening - to adjust how much low frequencies and high frequencies of the MUSIC are retained. By leaving a very slight amount of vocal frequencies in, you can make a tremendious change in the overall musicality of the song.
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:28 PM

Thumbs up thanx for the input! ;)

well, I figured Vogone was better, I just wanted to hear what others had to say.
I have yet to find a program that is as good as this one. The only one that comes remotely close is the Thompson vocal eliminator, but why pay $1500 for a big bulky piece of hardware?

I anxiously await when the discount coupons for upgrading Vogone come via email, because I'm dying to try it out on songs where the vocal is not panned center. (Now if it could just get rid of that darn echo and other vocal effects...)

Thanx for continuing to make an already great product even greater!
Old May 5th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Administrator

For those who might read this, we just uploaded a new Vogone DEMO version that has the hampering beeps amplitudes greatly reduced. We apologize for the prior demo's LOUD beeps. It was a bad oversight.

You can download the new demo by clicking the Vogone FREE DEMO button on the MTU.com Home page.