MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 13th, 2008, 03:10 PM

Question Error in 4.02

After reinstalling Hoster 4.02 I have ran into a problem with some of my songs. All files were converted in 4.02, however, when I do a search and try to add a song to the playlist I sometimes get the following error message:
This file is 22050 Sample rate and only 44100 can be used.

What do I need to do to fix this? These same files worked fine in earlier versions of Hoster.

Last edited by Tela Harbold; August 13th, 2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old August 13th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tela Harbold View Post
After reinstalling Hoster 4.02 I have ran into a problem with some of my songs. All files were converted in 4.02, however, when I do a search and try to add a song to the playlist I sometimes get the following error message:
This file is 22050 Sample rate and only 44100 can be used.

What do I need to do to fix this? These same files worked fine in earlier versions of Hoster.
You need to re-load that song from the original disk. Even if it had played, it would sound like crap. If you still have a backup of that song, try playing it in 3.4 and see what I mean. I would just delete it.
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklwood View Post
You need to re-load that song from the original disk. Even if it had played, it would sound like crap. If you still have a backup of that song, try playing it in 3.4 and see what I mean. I would just delete it.

I do have backups. There are lots and lots of my songs that are doing this. I would like to know why these did not convert when the others did.
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
I do have backups. There are lots and lots of my songs that are doing this. I would like to know why these did not convert when the others did.
Not to accuse, but, where did you get those files? If you, personally, did not rip them from disk, you don't know (A) what their intended use was originally for (could have needed smaller files for a PSP or MP3 player) (B) needed to save space for that massive upload to a P2P site. (C) Didn't have a Hard Drive large enough to hold all the pirated files. The list goes on. The only files you should count on are ones YOU YOURSELF loaded from original CDGs that you purchased. There are also places to purchase individual Karaoke files on the internet that are correctly encoded. If that is the case, go back to them and request a new file that is a higher bit rate. If not, you're on your own. You won't get much sympathy here from people who have 10s of thousands of dollars wrapped up in music purchases.

If I am off base here I truly appologize. If not, I can't feel sorry for you.
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The current player will not play any other bit rates, so MTU added the error message. Before this they would play but not sound right. It has nothing to do with the conversion. The bit rate is set during the ripping process when going from the CD to whatever format they are ripped to.
Old August 13th, 2008, 07:01 PM

To start with, they DID come from ORIGINAL disc that I own. They were originally put on an external hard drive with audio grabber. They worked great with previous versions of Hoster. I have been using them since purchasing Hoster. It is since upgrading to 4.02 that I have had this problem.

A lot of hours were put into uploading all my disc and I was hoping not to have to repeat it. I for one would not ask for help on something that was not legal. If no help is available say so, but no need to be rude.

Last edited by Tela Harbold; August 13th, 2008 at 07:07 PM. Reason: fat fingers
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:43 PM
VIP

If all your files are in kma format, why would you need to re-import? It sounds like you are just having problems with the program. Your kma files should still be in tact. What Hoster version did you use before upgrading to 4.xx? If all the upgraded versions will not play your files, including 3.4, then I would suggest using 3.321 or whatever you had before you upgraded. At least you'll be ready by tomorrow.
From what I have read on the Posts, you may want to wait for 4.03 to come out, like I'm doing. It is supposed to correct all problems reported by users.
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Waiting for 4.03 will not solve this I don't believe. As long as the files are not at the correct bit rate then they will not work. This had to be dones to solve some of the sync problems.
Does Audio Grabber have a setting for adjusting the bit rate of the ripped files? Does it zip the files up or was that a separate operation with another program?
I don't believe Marklwood was trying to be rude, but just trying to understand where your zip files came from. None of us in here are happy with people who pirate/share their files as that affects our pay.
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
A lot of hours were put into uploading all my disc and I was hoping not to have to repeat it. I for one would not ask for help on something that was not legal. If no help is available say so, but no need to be rude.
I said (and I meant it) if I was off base i was TRULY sorry.

I was reminded again today that I, like others here, am in competition with other DJs who use pirated song files. Some 21 year old dude comes out of nowhere and has 100,000 songs on his machine. I know he has only previously worked at McDonalds. I wonder how he got all those songs? It really pisses me off when people can steal and take $$ from my family. I personally am in this for almost 100k now. (granted it's over 10 years). Enough of my rant, sorry.

If those files were ripped at that low of a bit rate, you probably should have noticed by now that they sound like crap. If you haven't noticed, you probably don't need them because they haven't been played or you have other versions. That is why I suggested you just delete them. You can still selectively put back the few that you need by re-ripping them at the correct bit rate. Even when they release 4.03 it will still not play those files.
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:57 PM
VIP

Sorry, I think I got this post mixed up with another one where all the files played fine in a previous version & just not in the upgrade.
Dale, I was trying to save you some time, since I read that 4.03 is going for testing and should be ready soon. If so, we can all wait a few days longer and use whatever worked for us before upgrading.

Also, regarding Audio Grabber - I also used Audio Grabber to get music from some of my CDGs that MicroStudio would not read. I did not have to change any bit-rate settings. I thought this is what he was talking about. It is also might be possible to use Songerverter to read & convert those files to be used/imported by Hoster. This would also be quicker than re-importing individual CDGs. I had to do this with several disks that just wouldn't import the proper way and, as crazy as it may sound, it worked.

Last edited by Skybird74; August 13th, 2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
Sorry, I think I got this post mixed up with another one where all the files played fine in a previous version & just not in the upgrade.
Dale, I was trying to save you some time, since I read that 4.03 is going for testing and should be ready soon. If so, we can all wait a few days longer and use whatever worked for us before upgrading.

Also, regarding Audio Grabber - I also used Audio Grabber to get music from some of my CDGs that MicroStudio would not read. I did not have to change any bit-rate settings. I thought this is what he was talking about. It is also might be possible to use Songerverter to read & convert those files to be used/imported by Hoster. This would also be quicker than re-importing individual CDGs. I had to do this with several disks that just wouldn't import the proper way and, as crazy as it may sound, it worked.

Thanks, I will see what sonverter does before I try to re-import from disc.
Old August 13th, 2008, 11:08 PM
VIP

Unhappy TOTALLY ILLEGAL KJ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklwood View Post
I said (and I meant it) if I was off base i was TRULY sorry.
I was reminded again today that I, like others here, am in competition with other DJs who use pirated song files. Some 21 year old dude comes out of nowhere and has 100,000 songs on his machine. I know he has only previously worked at McDonalds. I wonder how he got all those songs? It really pisses me off when people can steal and take $$ from my family. I personally am in this for almost 100k now. (granted it's over 10 years). Enough of my rant, sorry.....
I feel the same way!!!!! I originally sang with cassettes & started buying CDGs in 1996, one by one as my business grew. After all these years I only have 12,000 songs. I recently ran into a guy that 1 week he claimed to have 100,000 and the following week claimed to have 180,000. When asked by the person who hired him what I thought, I said - "He's either lying or he's illegal" because if he has that much money invested in music, there is no way he can afford to work for only $150 a night in clubs like the Moose & VFW!!!!!!
I know of a KJ here locally that was selling copies of his hard drive(that's where they get their music).
And, I personally know of a KJ who was busted by the Feds way back in 1993 for having illegal CDs, so I know IT CAN HAPPEN.