MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 20th, 2002, 01:45 PM

Plextor CD ROM

In Microstudio, under Duplicate Disc, I clicked DETECT DRIVES. It does not accept the Plextor CD ROM PX-40TS under Karaoke. The Plextor CD ROM's are the ONLY CD ROM's that reads Karaoke Subcodes. Why does it show up as NO under Karaoke?

Ernie
Old July 20th, 2002, 04:53 PM

ERNIE ,
DID YOU PURCHASE YOUR CD ROM FROM MTU?
IF YOU DID NOT, THEN IT IS NOT CERTIFIED THAT IT WILL WORK FOR YOU.
MTU CERTIFIES EACH CD ROM THEY SELL. IF YOU DID BUY IT FROM MTU, THEN HAVE PATIENCE UNTIL BRYAN GETS BACK TO YOU. HE WILL ANSWER YOUR POST. IF YOU BOUGHT THE CD ROM FROM SOMEONE ELSE, AND IT DOESN'T WORK IT PROBABLY WON'T.
ALL OF MY CD ROMS ARE PURCHASED THROUGH MTU. I AM WELL SATISFIED.
Old July 20th, 2002, 07:05 PM

One thing to check...

Under the tab labeled "DRIVES", then ASPI drivers, which option do you have checked? When using Win98se, I had to use my own ASPI drivers...when I went to Win2000Pro, I had to check the option to use the MTU supplied ASPI drivers.

Try that first.
Cid
Old July 20th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Honor Roll

Which version of Microstudio do you have? I was using an older version, when I upgraded my Yamaha 16x CDRW to the Plextor 40x drive it would not recognize it, I had to upgrade to the latest version of Microstudio... just a thought...
Old July 21st, 2002, 05:39 AM
Administrator

Simple answer CDROM drives not supported...

The answer is that Microstudio does NOT support any CDROM drives. We only identify and support CDR drives.

If you read in the Microeditor 2.315 manual under Troubleshooting Guide, you will see a topic titled CD Recorder and CDROM drives do not appear which states that

"No CDROM (read only) drives are recognized by Microstudio2.308 and higher for CDG work."

The reason we did this is to overcome the massive customer support calls we continued to have because users CDROM drives wouldn't read CDG. Yes, the Plextor drive can read CDG, but our software does not support it.
Old July 21st, 2002, 12:29 PM

Plextor CD ROM reads CDG's

Couldn't you jut tell people that the only CD ROM that reads CDG's is the Plextor and incorporate it into Microstudio?
The only reason I bought it is because it reads CDG subcodes, and I could go straight from the CD ROM to the writer. How simple, and how convient for the customer!! Please think about it!!

Thank you
Ernie
Old July 22nd, 2002, 12:12 PM

Earnie,
Actually the truth is that Plextor Ultraplex 40 Max CD-Rom drive is the only one that doesn't work for CD+G. If you would have purchased the one below this drive ( it would have worked.

Here is the answer from Plextor's:

Microstudio software will not support CD-to-CD recording with the UltraPlex 40Max. MTU requires the source drive to decode the CD+G sub code for the source data. The UltraPleX40Max transfers RAW (non-decoded) data instead.
Old August 20th, 2002, 07:03 AM

Smile Copying Cd to Cd

So what you are saying is, if I buy a 2nd Plextor Burner, it won't copy the cdg tracks and graphics to the 1st Plextor Burner? And if you can do this please let me know cause I'll buy that 2nd burner today!!!
Sincerely,

Debi Lynn
www.debilynn.com
Old August 20th, 2002, 02:04 PM

Might also add that with Microstudio you can't go direct CDROM to CDR anyway, because Microstudio always writes an image to the hard drive, to protect the integrity of the CDG file, then copies that image to the CDR, so there's not much advantage in procurring another CDR drive for that purpose, other that not having to swap discs, which to most is a moot point.

Last edited by George; August 23rd, 2002 at 02:38 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2002, 02:32 PM

DebiLynn,
George is correct. In Microstudio you will always have to go from the CD-R drive to the hard drive then back to your CD-R drive. This is the only way that it can safely be done. You really won't gain or lose much time doing it this way.