MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 18th, 2007, 11:08 AM

Old MS version works, new one doesn't

Hello,
I had version 3 something, and have had no problems using my HP 9300 burner. I just upgraded to ver 4 and it won't work. I get audio only. Any ideas?
Thanks, Mark
Old May 18th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

There was a major change in version 4 to use the newer MMC interface to access many cd drives instead of using specific drive interfaces for a limited number of drives. This means that Microstudio and Hoster will no longer work with the older drives that do not use the MMC interface. Before if you bought an new CD drive you had to wait for MTU to get that drive added to their interface library. Now you buy a new drive and as long as it has capability to do CDG then it will work without any program modifications.
Old May 18th, 2007, 04:54 PM

I reinstalled my older version. Since it is not going to work on this computer, can I install the newer one on another computer that has a newer CD drive in it? Can I legally use both at the same time? I did pay for both of them.
Mark
Old May 20th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by candokaraoke View Post
I reinstalled my older version. Since it is not going to work on this computer, can I install the newer one on another computer that has a newer CD drive in it? Can I legally use both at the same time? I did pay for both of them.
Mark
Better let MTU answer this one. I would not want to give you incorrect information.
Old May 21st, 2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Mark

Be hard pressed to see where there would be anything wrong with that.

Would be no different than buying an additional Hoster for each simultaneous gig being performed.

Be interesting to hear MTU's take on it.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Mark
First, did you pay for an UPGRADE, or buy a full copy of Microstudio 4.0? If full, you can install and have 2 different people running at the same time.

If you bought the UPGRADE, then you should remove the older version. However, I'll wave this requirement in this condition since you have a drive that 4.001 appears to not work with.

FULL versions of MTU software are licensed to install and run on 2 computers, which can be in use at the same time by the person who paid for the software (you). If you wanted 2 separate people, you and someone else, to run at the same time on 2 separate computers, then you should buy a second copy of the product.