MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 21st, 2000, 05:41 PM

Unhappy

I've had Vogone for a month now,
I've only had time a few weeks ago to try the product.
I put in a Wav file and out comes another one with less vocals. Okedoke.

But today I tried to do the same thing and I get a weird response from the program.
I put in an input file and an output file like before.
But now Vogone says "file is processed" but it wasn't!
All its just doing is makeing the input file into a 0 kb file. It doesn't change the name of the original file. It doesn't create a new file either. It just simply turns any input file into a 0 kb file? It was working before. I notice the program is just 32kb. Should it be that small?
I'm using the same wav files as before. I tried reinstalling it. And that doesn't. I tried closing all other programs. And that doesn't help either.
What you think?
Old December 21st, 2000, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Are you using the identical .wav file you were able to process before? If not, please go back and try the original .wav that earlier worked. If it doesn't work now, we have a problem to work on.

If it does work now, I expect the problem is you don't have a real .wav file, but a variant with a .wav header. You will then need to work on getting valid .wav files. Please let us know your results.
Old December 31st, 2000, 03:52 PM

Vogone creates 0bytes data file

I noticed the same thing happened when I used Vogone yesterday. I have used it one other time, it worked fine. The next time I went to use it, it wouldn't let me save the file with a different name, and when it saved the file, it took a file from my hard drive (as told to by me) that was over 32mb and turned it into a zero byte data file. I did it twice, downloading the song back onto the hard drive for the second attempt. I have not tried reinstalling the program. I just happened to run across the other persons simular dilema as I was reading various things in the forum.

Are you experienceing this problem with other customers?

Sharon
Old December 31st, 2000, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Hi Sharon. Please answer the questions in my post immediately above yours. There are several programs that create "non-standard" .wav file headers. It is the internal header within the file that matters, not so much the extension. Thinking along those lines, see if you can discern if you have a bad .wav file.

If you read the .wav file in from an Audio CD using Microstudio, I know it will work. If a .wav file read in from Microstudio still gives you problems, we will have to do some work on Vogone.

I'll look forward to your post following your tests.
Old January 3rd, 2001, 09:58 AM

I figured out that when you open the "SAVE AS" window you have to put the new file name in that window. What I was doing was saving it as the same file name and then when the main window comes back up I put in the new file name there.

Well it doesn't like that. That's why it was turning the original file to a 0 kb file.
Old June 20th, 2001, 09:10 PM
Frequent Member

Question Zero File size corruption of original .wav

Upon selecting the .wav file to remove vocals from, and selecting an alternate name for the output file, and starting the process, I get an "immediate" message stating the process is complete.

After which the original input .wav file is corrupted, reporting the size as "0" bytes, and no output file is created at all.

Has a solution been discoverred for this yet. I noticed the post about it last December, but found no results describe it resolution.

-jsw
Old June 20th, 2001, 09:14 PM
Frequent Member

Question Fix for output file of zero bytes

Brian, note the reply from webcrawler... I'd call this a bug, after we discussed this issue earlier.

By using the browse option to select the output filename, I too was selecting the name of the original file, then adding "vogone" to the end of the filename.

VoGone ignores the additional characters, and still tries to write to the original. Can this be fixed?
Old June 29th, 2001, 10:28 PM

Unhappy I Don't Get It

Vogone worked perfectly on one song I did yesterday. Today I imported more songs from the same disc, again using Microstudio V2.310. Now, like others here have experienced, it seems no matter what I do, I end up with 0 bytes after processing. And the so-called processing happens immediately. I've tried changing the names of the output files as suggested above but to no avail. This is very frustrating. Any other ideas?
Old July 17th, 2001, 02:50 PM

Talking Hurray! Hurray! Finally got Vogone to work!

Besides the previous posting, I sent a couple of messages to MTU staff asking for help. I'm guessing they're so busy with the KHPro and Vogone updates that they weren't able to get back to me. So I just kept trying different things.

Finally I had a breakthrough. The fix for me is similar to what webcrawler suggested, but still different. The only way I could get Vogone to stop zeroing out a file was to have the post-Vogone file be located in a completely different directory (folder) than the pre-Vogone song. There were a few other quirky things I discovered, but I won't go into those details. The main thing is that I was finally able to create my first (20-track) CD+G disc. It worked great. Like the rest of you, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the new versions have to offer.
Old July 17th, 2001, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Exclamation The problem with Vogone 1 creating zero length files

Problem #1: We have discovered that if you have a .wav file in the Inpurt File field, and you enter the same name in the Output File field, when you click process it will instantly set the input file to zero length. Of course this throws Vogone processing into a tizzy as it's trying to get input that isn't there any more. Solution: Don't enter the same filename in the Input and Output Fields.

Problem #2: If you add the .wav extension to your output file, Vogone 1 will malfunction. Solution: Don't enter .wav on your filenames. Vogone 1 does it automatically for you (and not too intelligently, regretfully!).

FYI: Email all support requests to support@mtu.com. Sending them to sales, dougc, admin, info, webmaster, etc. will not get them answered. We try to forward them to support, but sometimes they get buried. Also, the answer then takes more work to send to you instead of back to us.
Old July 17th, 2001, 07:17 PM

Post Just so you'll know

Problem #1: Just changing the name did not work for me. I also had to change the directory.

Problem #2: You make this very clear in the instructions, so I at least knew not to do that.

Problem #3: I did e-mail support@mtu.com on July 9.

I'm just glad I can finally make discs.
Old July 17th, 2001, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up Thanks for your input!

Clearly you have informed me of an interesting twist in our file handling code. I was under the impression we were using the standard Windows handlers, but now I'll have to talk to our programmers on this one.

I also appologize that you did not receive an answer to your email to mtu support. Bryan has been tied up with internal MTU technical duties, and must have gotten behind. He gets many requests by phone and email that keep him too busy. We try to encourage using the forum, and appreciate that you are!