MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 14th, 2009, 07:51 PM
VIP

Vogone and Elvis

Wow, looks like this is the first post here in over two years! Has anyone had any luck with any version of Vogone removing vocals from Elvis music?

I haven't had much luck and assume that it has to do with the way his songs were recorded. By the way, it seems since Music Maestro went bye, bye, nobody is releasing any new Elvis songs. Music Maestro lead the way by far in this venue. There are still many great Elvis songs that I have never found on karaoke. Anyone have some input?

Walt
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Prescilla holds the rights to his music, so unless she releases them for karaoke, I doubt you will see any more of them.
As far as Vogone, if I remember a lot of his earlier music was recorded in Mono. By converting them to Stereo in later years all they did was to copy the mono to both channels which would make it difficult to extract the voice.
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:39 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Prescilla holds the rights to his music, so unless she releases them for karaoke, I doubt you will see any more of them.
As far as Vogone, if I remember a lot of his earlier music was recorded in Mono. By converting them to Stereo in later years all they did was to copy the mono to both channels which would make it difficult to extract the voice.
If she holds the rights, it seems strange that she would release the rights to some of his biggest hits and not release some of his more obscure recordings. Who knows? I think you are right about how his recordings were done. Too bad.

Walt
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

She may not hold the rights to all his music. Many of the recording companies had contracts that essentially gave the right s to songs to them. Later on as the artists got a little wiser they made sure they had the rights.
Old December 15th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
There are still many great Elvis songs that I have never found on karaoke. Anyone have some input?

Walt
Can you tell me what ones you are looking for? I don't even list Elvis in my book. I just have a note stating that I saved 4 pages by not putting them in there. If you want to sing Elvis, just tell me and I probably have it. I have yet to fail filling their requests.
Old December 15th, 2009, 09:45 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklwood View Post
Can you tell me what ones you are looking for? I don't even list Elvis in my book. I just have a note stating that I saved 4 pages by not putting them in there. If you want to sing Elvis, just tell me and I probably have it. I have yet to fail filling their requests.
I believe I have every elvis song that has been released in karaoke. Here are a few of the songs I would like to find; "Home Is Where The Heart Is"; "If I Were You"; "Petunia's Garden", just to name a few. There are many more. I have about 8 pages of his songs. Thank you for your response.

Walt
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:09 PM

Many more obscure songs don't go to karaoke because the rights royalties are the same regardless of the song. A manufacturer will sell the popular songs more easily than the obsucure ones. My bug-a-boo isn't Elvis, but the Beatles. I have all the Beatles karaoke available and am hoping the remaining songs will eventually get to karaoke (like Mean Mr. Mustard and When I Get Home).
Old December 15th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMcCharles View Post
Many more obscure songs don't go to karaoke because the rights royalties are the same regardless of the song. A manufacturer will sell the popular songs more easily than the obsucure ones. My bug-a-boo isn't Elvis, but the Beatles. I have all the Beatles karaoke available and am hoping the remaining songs will eventually get to karaoke (like Mean Mr. Mustard and When I Get Home).
Didn't Michael Jackson own the rights to those? If so, I'm sure the family won't be so stingy with them for a quick buck.
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:18 PM

I am not sure where the Beatles rights are any more. Rumors have abounded that last few years. I am also not aware of any first time in karaoke Beatles songs in the last few years. I did notice some songs leave the market earlier this years as a manufacturer folded.
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Read this:
Paul McCartney to get Michael Jackson's Beatles publishing rights ...

Roy.
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:33 PM

I hadn't seen that. Very cool.
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Just found another interesting bit of reading on this matter:
http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/jackson.asp

Roy.
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:52 PM

Elvis tracks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Wow, looks like this is the first post here in over two years! Has anyone had any luck with any version of Vogone removing vocals from Elvis music?

I haven't had much luck and assume that it has to do with the way his songs were recorded. By the way, it seems since Music Maestro went bye, bye, nobody is releasing any new Elvis songs. Music Maestro lead the way by far in this venue. There are still many great Elvis songs that I have never found on karaoke. Anyone have some input?

Walt
Walt, go to www.kingtracks.com
These ARE the Best Tracks ever and are Backed Memebers of Elvis's Band mates and also Ray Walker of the Jordaniars who happens to be a good friend of mine.
The Best Elvis Tribute Artist get All our music from him and Custom stuff also..Best Wishes..Elvis Wayne
Old February 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elviswayne03 View Post
Walt, go to www.kingtracks.com
These ARE the Best Tracks ever and are Backed Memebers of Elvis's Band mates and also Ray Walker of the Jordaniars who happens to be a good friend of mine.
The Best Elvis Tribute Artist get All our music from him and Custom stuff also..Best Wishes..Elvis Wayne
Thank you very much!!!
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:45 AM

elvis songs

Walt,
did you find the songs you were looking for..
if they didnt have it they could make one for you..
I pretty much have all they have and I love it, it's just like having the Elvis Band..
best wishes
EW
Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
VIP

Re: Vogone and Elvis

They had some of them. Thanks again. This is great!
Old September 12th, 2013, 10:44 PM

An acquaintance at a local karaoke spot adores Elvis. Every time he watches another Elvis movie he hands me a list of more songs he would like me to convert for him. I usually find the tracks on Amazon's mp3 site. Those tracks have yielded some of the cleanest vocal removals I have ever worked with.
Old September 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM
VIP

These tracks are a bit pricey to me but they are really good.

Walt
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:48 PM

Hey walt,
I know this is an old thread, but hey i'm an old guy. Because of my health problems i can't post as often as i'd like. Anyway, there are tricks that i have discovered in using a few of the great MTU products (Worlds Best Karaoke Software). I had a lady who wanted to sing an old Jean Shepard song, not available on any karaoke manu. What i had to do, was re~record the song, drive one side only (mono) into my mixer, combined the channel with another side, compress it, record it again, then run it through vogone. Worked like a champ. Experiment is the key, if it's worth removing, then it's worth the time. I have several vocal removers from rack mount to software. Vogone holds it's place with the best. Hope it helps. Glad to see you still here and helping others. George
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:03 PM
VIP

Thanks for the tip and a happy new year to you!

Walt