MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 1st, 2002, 03:39 PM

Question Vogone Update

I have downloaded the free Vogone Update. However, when I double-click on it to install, Adobe pops up with the message "There was an error opening this document. Files does not begin w%PDF. I have redownloaded several times with the same result. Help.
Old June 3rd, 2002, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Question We're stumped!

We have never experienced this before. We sent out a massive number of free upgrades and no one else has reported this.

Thus, I suspect there is something in your computer assignments to files. It might be you have somehow assigned an exe extension to launch Adobe. Check that out to make sure this has not been done.

I have asked our support manager, who catches all the problems to research this one.
Old June 3rd, 2002, 04:15 PM

Carolyn,
I would say this has something specificly to do with your Adobe Acrobat installation on your computer. I would try to uinstall that program, and the old Vogone and see if that takes care of it, if not, you may have a virus on your system.
Old June 7th, 2002, 03:16 AM

VOGONE UPDATE

I have uninstalled Acrobat Reader and have reinstalled it. At first I was receiving a message that the program needed AcroRd32.exe to open. I located that file and I am now receiving the following message: "Acrobat cannot open Vovone download pjp' because it is either not a supported file or because the file has been corrupted (for example it was sent as an e-mail attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)." I have checked my computer for a virus and have detected none. Every other program appears to be working well. My old version of Vogone is working as well as all MTU programs previously downloaded. Help.
Old June 7th, 2002, 11:36 AM

This is the answer I gave to your call:

You have a problem on your computer that is causing this. Make sure that the file that you are trying to download is called Vogone2104.exe, if it doesn't have the .exe extension, or something on your system is changing this extension, then this will be the cause of your problem. There is some mixup in the file types of your Operating system, from what you have told me in these calls.

Let me know what the file format seems to be, when you are trying to download and it is opening adobe acrobat. It seems that Adobe should only open if the file has a .pdf file extension on it, this is the Acrobat format. Not anything other than that
Old June 7th, 2002, 08:22 PM

Vogone Update & Home Producer

I clicked on the free demo and the download screens indicates an exe file. but when I click on the Vogone download and the Home Producer downloads, the download screens indicates php files. If my computer is causing the problem, why isn't it causing the same problem with the free demo download?
Old June 12th, 2002, 11:04 AM

VOGONE & HOME PRODUCER DOWNLOADS

I have gotten two e-mails that indicate i have received a response to my inquiry. However, I do not see a new message. My last message indicated that when I click on the download of the demonstration program, the download screens indicating that I am downloading an exe file. But when i try to download the new Home Producer I bought or the Vogone update, the download screens indicate that I am downloading a pdf file. When I try to open these files, Adobe tells me that it annot open them. I bought Home Producer two weeks ago and, so far, have been unable to open it. Help.
Old June 12th, 2002, 11:08 AM

AMENDMENT TO LAST MESSAGE

When I click on the downloads for Vogone update and Home Producer upgrade, the download screen indicates that I am downloading a 'php' file. Not 'pdf'.
Old June 12th, 2002, 11:40 AM

Am curious as to what would happen if you uninstalled Adobe and the MTU upgrades, re-booted the computer, downloaded and installed MTU upgrades fresh without Adobe being involved.
Sorry if I misread the prior posts, but it doesn't appear that's been tried.

Take care,

George
Old June 14th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Sent a new download link

Carolyn, I have just sent you a new download link. When you mentioned the "php" extension on the downloaded file, that is the extension of the programming language that our web site "Internet Delivery" software is written in.

I just downloaded Vogone 2.104 to my self and it installed correctly on my computer. Maybe... there was a problem on our site and what you were sent was not the vogone2104.exe file.

Please post here what your results are. Hopefully this will fix it. If not, I'll email you the program directly.
Old June 15th, 2002, 11:39 AM

VOGONE and HOME PRODUCER

I'm still experiencing the same problem in downloading the new one. I still get the same php screens with the new download link. I tried to open it with notepad.exe but I receive a message that the file is too large for notepad. Then a message asks me if I want to use word pad. When I answer yes I receive a screen with numbers and symbols. Would you please e-mail me both the Vogone update and the current Home Producer that I purchased? Thanks for your help.
Old June 19th, 2002, 10:47 AM

Carolyn,
Which browser are you using? Interenet Explorer or Netscape or Opera? Also, what operating system are you running?

You may not beable to download for some reason, and might want to think about buying the CD.
Old June 19th, 2002, 09:26 PM

Vogone and Home producer

I am using internet explorer. I have not had problems downloading from you before. For instance, I last purchased Keyrite and had no problem downloading and installing it. I'm not having a problem downloading the demonstration. I don't have problem download from other sources. I'm just having problems downloading the Vogone update and the new Home Producer.
Old June 28th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Frequent Member

Carolyn........re-install IE

Re-install you EI, here's how.

1. Go to Control Panel
2. Select Add/Remove Programs
3. Select Microsoft IE
4. Select Remove
5. You will get a message box, Select "Repair"
6. Run Repair
7. IE will be re-loaded correcting operating problems
8. Re-Start your computer.

HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU!
Old June 28th, 2002, 10:54 AM

VOGONE UPDATE & HOME PRODUCER

Thank you for your help. I did run the repair of IE. There were no problems reported. I don't believe the problem is with my computer. I still get the php download instead of an exe file. I just downloaded the new Goldenhawk and had no problems at all. I have downloaded other programs and had no problems. I believe the problem is with mtu and their file format. I gave up and ordered the Home Producer and Vogone Update on disc. Anyway, thank you and everyone else for their help.
Old June 28th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Frequent Member

Carolyn........another thought

If you have Tweak UI on your computer under Control Panel, run
it and Select "Repair File Associations"

If not it's immediatley available on the Internet as a free download, just search Tweak UI, I think the latest version is 1.33.

If your exe is saying something different, this may repair it.