MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 11:33 AM

I'm a first time user. I took a wav file that sounds great on my computer and proccesed it through your Vogone 1.002software to eliminate the vocal. The Vocal was eliminated great but sound quality really is degraded. What could be causing this or is this standard?

Im using windows 2000 and playing my files using windows media player.
Old May 23rd, 2001, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Was your wave file directly read in from an Audio CD, or was it converted from an MP3 compressed file? If it was from an MP3, the file is damaged and will give you poor quality vocal elimination. You must use .wav files ripped from the original CD. Please post back here if that was your problem.

Vogone 1.0 does remove all sounds - instruments included - that are center panned. Not having any more details than your post, I can't comment much more than this. Can you add more detail as to what specifically makes the sound quality "degraded"? Thanks!
Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:07 PM

I grabbed the audio from a CD on my laptop
It was NOT from an MP3
Old May 24th, 2001, 02:13 PM

wave quality

If you read the posts on Vogone you will notice it does not work 100% of the time. It all depends on the original recording. Don't be fooled into buying a dearer decocalizer as they all are hit or miss.

Stick with it, try other songs. Also Vogone 2 is out sometime in the near future.
Old May 26th, 2001, 12:51 PM

Re: wave quality

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Corr
If you read the posts on Vogone you will notice it does not work 100% of the time. It all depends on the original recording. Don't be fooled into buying a dearer decocalizer as they all are hit or miss.

Stick with it, try other songs. Also Vogone 2 is out sometime in the near future.
ok question i read on the mtu site that vogone 2 will remove all areas of a wav , so dumb question does that mean it will remove the vocals on all areas of the wav file and not just center pan,,, i have some old ray charles songs on a cd and i tried to remove them but no luck,,, so i just thought they where not center paned, and it sounds as if the vocal was never removed, you think vocgone 2 will remove the vocal from these songs which i would love to sing
but the vocal is not removed enough to over sing to drown out old ray,, so please tell me vogone 2 will help
Old May 27th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Administrator

namedog - I wish I could say Vogone 2 will remove the vocals from all songs, but at present I cannot. So far it appears to remove the vocal from every song we have tested.

We are looking for songs that fail on Vogone 1. Could you provide us with a CDROM copy of some of your songs for our testing? We will not use them for any other purpose. That way we will focus on removing the vocal from "your song". The more submissions we have, the faster we will get to removing vocals from more songs.

Right now, the only songs that we think Vogone 2 will not be able to remove the vocals is where the singer was walking back and forth across the stage, and 2 microphones were used to record them. This will deliver a variable panning back and forth. If they use a single mic in their hand or a headset, then the monaural vocal track is panned by the mix engineer which will probably be set to one pan location, which Vogone 2 should be able to remove.

What we are working on has not been done before to our knowledge.
Old May 27th, 2001, 06:15 PM

Sure i will send you the cdrom of these songs,,,, thanks,,, for the reply,,,
Old August 17th, 2001, 10:24 PM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

Vogone 2 Sound Quality (Crackles)

I am new to the technical side of music production, having previously been a singer and leaving all that sort of stuff to those who know what they are talking about. However, whilst I am getting on rather well, I have to say, on the graphics side, I am having the devil of a job with the vocal removal side of things. In every case, so far, the "high" frequency tab has very little effect when used. Also my WAV file is full of crackles and pops (the original "with vocals" version is clean). This is driving me crackers, if you'll pardon the almost pun. A friend told me that I may be over-producing. Fair enough, so I used a softer touch. It still happens. He says there's a lot of bleed over on the high frequency, whatever that is, and I don't know what to do about it. HELP PLEASE!!! from a damsel in much distress.
Old August 18th, 2001, 12:56 AM

Dumbfounded :)

lorraine , i have no ideal , the sam happens to me,,, i just think that no matter what version of sofware they put out we will never have a perfect vocal remover,..... if you want to discuss this more we can put our heads together and come up with something,,,,,,,,you can write me at namdog@earthlink.net
thank you for your reply,...... johnnie
Old August 23rd, 2001, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Question Possible bug

Damsel in distress... MTUSUPPORT has also experienced crackle in a processed file. We are trying to diagnose to see if there is a bug that appears on some computers, but not others.

In the mean time, here are two suggestions to keep you out of trouble:

1. When you use the Output Amplitude Adjuster, don't pull it all the way to the top. It will allow you to amplify beyond maximum. We handle this "overdriving the level" the same as analog gear... we clip it flat at the top. It is best to try to not have the Meter get into the "red", even just a flick into it. Keep the amplitude down. We will try to improve the meter so it has a clip indicator to give you confidence you are not clipping. We also might automate the adjustment by adding a "Normalize" function that will allow the computer to do the gain adjust for you, perfectlly of course!

2. Don't do multiple passes with Vogone 2. Do the best you can in one pass and let it be. A second pass seems to generate clicks and distortion while doing it. We are not yet sure why. Best to not do it for now, or be aware it might generate clicks.

Anyone having clicks appear in their audio, please list your computer processor type (Pentium, Celeron, K6, Athelon, etc.), main RAM, Video card, Audio card, hard drive as best as you can. If you need help, click this link http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...=&threadid=322 and run the DXDIAG program to discover all you ever wanted to know about your computer. Then post here. If we need more, we'll ask for it.

Hope this helps.
Old August 24th, 2001, 03:27 AM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

Dear Admin

Many thanks for replying to my call for help. I have printed off your reply to study it and refer it to my on-hand helper who understands all this techno-stuff.

Best wishes

Lauraine
Old October 10th, 2001, 08:59 PM

Volume levels

My Mtu CDG can barely be heard on my Pioneer Twin Tray player. If I use the One Touch Feature, It plays well. Why does this happen and will it play on a player without this feature ? It plays okay on my regular CD player as well.
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:35 AM
Frequent Member

Re: Volume levels

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis P
My Mtu CDG can barely be heard on my Pioneer Twin Tray player. If I use the One Touch Feature, It plays well. Why does this happen and will it play on a player without this feature ? It plays okay on my regular CD player as well.

have had that problem MTU says its my processor. I use an AMD K6-2 processor and they told me it works best on an Intel which is why I'm in the process of building a new machine. All I got left to do is get myself a harddrive and Memory.

Admin suggestions on how much is enough on both would be appreciated as well as how fast of speed a processor I'll need for the Microstudio Pro programs as well.