MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old May 10th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindonstrike View Post
Instead of filling out the information fields on the front of the songslip they put all the info on the back of it.

or

They hand you a list of song numbers "to save you money".

Sam
Sam,
We put a stop to that by putting our business card on the back....no room for them to write.
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Oh Hi, here is one for me, and one for Jenny, and one for Jenny & me, and one for Rick & Jenny, oh..and one for Rick & Jenny & me, and..we want to do "Love Shack" together...oh, and you and I are going to sing one together...right? So, how long is your list and when do we get up? Can we be next? We have to hurry and go to the other bar that has Karaoke, it's my birthday! (Deer in the headlights look)
Old May 12th, 2007, 09:00 PM

Only at the "Lounge" (25 miles from nowhere)

Wonderful young regular asks me to sing a song for her. So I pick out one of the "Hit's Monthly" duets and proceed to play the
demonstration track and mime both male and female parts. Everyone just sits and stares. When it ends I get a rousing standing ovation! Its still makes me laugh and I regularly get requests to do it. Only in the sticks!!!
Marko
Old May 13th, 2007, 03:37 PM

Hey All,
Put this in a post a long time ago.
Not at karaoke but with a local piano player, who is really good and lets a number of us sing with him.
He gets a girl desperate to sing who then says "where's the screen with the words on?"
See the same girl some time later telling a KJ she would love to sing a particular song but doesn't know the words, which just happen to be on screen.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old June 21st, 2007, 07:09 PM
VIP

A couple more signs involving TV's:

A couple times a week A singer will come up and get a mic and move out to the middle of the room, all of the TV's will have the song title screen displayed and paused, and then they ask "where are the words?". I'm like "Uh.....pick a TV any TV in the room"...Here's your sign

At a bar where I run the house system a couple days a week we have an 8X10 projection screen. Becuase of the cost of bulbs the owner will only use it on weekends (she needs a sign too - but that's another story). Once every couple of weeks I'll get a singer (who for an hour has been sitting 20 feet away from it) who will start staring at it when the music starts. After they miss the first couple of lines I'll ask them if there is a problem and they respond with "When do the words come up". At that point I'll have a little fun and tell them they are "staring at a blank wall...try looking at one of the TV's"...sigh...Heres your sign.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:19 AM

Here's One

I wear a top hat when I host a show. At one club I'm on the stage, standing in front of a computer that clearly is playing the song everbody is hearing with all of the mic cables running toward me and a guy walks up and askes "Are you the person I talk to about putting in a song? Somebody said talk to the man in the top hat." Nope, I'm just standing on the edge of the stage behind this speaker to get a better view, HERE'S YOUR SIGN!

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200