MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 6th, 2003, 08:45 AM

Angry Keyrite freezes

I have saved to a playlist KDG's that I both made with KPRO and copied to disk from a Legends brand cdg. When I select the song that I want to adjust the key, hit the negative step, it goes into eternal pause. the only way to close is to go to task manager and close the program. I am also having the same problem with Micro studio. See that help forum for details.
Old June 6th, 2003, 03:38 PM

Some Details For My Benefit

When you say that you "copied to disk" do you mean that you burned a custom assembly with microstudio (or competitor)?

Does this disc play in Karaoke machines, or are the files simply copied onto a data disc?

If it is a data disc, are you careful to indicate that the changed file should go to the hard drive and not the disc drive?

If it is not a data disc, what are you trying to keychange? I've never tried to select something from an audio disc and I don't think you can. It sounds like that is what you are trying to do??

Are you saying that key changes downward have the problem and changes upward do not?

Also correct me if I'm wrong, I assume you don't mean kdg's but cdg's.
Old June 6th, 2003, 04:15 PM

keyright freezes

This was 2 different problems, but could be related.
I had produce several CG-Gs in KPRO.
I also had one from a Legends CD-g that I wanted to change the key. I copied the legends cdg to a play list on my hard drive and was going to try to change the key.
I then opened the song in Keyrite.
Hit the -2 tab then it went into a not responding mode.
I had to close the program with Windows task manager
I reopened it and hit the play button (I'm at work now so I'm not sure what the button is called, its to the right of the + & - tabs)
and it would do the same thing.

It may be that a standard CDG (not a Kpro wav or cdg, yes I meant cdg, it was late for me I had been up 22 hrs. and that may have been the problem) that I ripped off a Legends CD.

I probably should have waited until this morning to post so I would be more alert, but I was hoping for a fix today so I could rush home and burn the disk with the songs I had been working on this week to sing tonight.

I hope I have explained it right this time and I do appreciate your quick response.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 04:46 PM

Smile

I've experienced the freezing problem with files created with another program, that names them as *.bin. This other program uses the CDG extension to refer to a file with the text information (including, presumably, the timing of the text), while the music is held in an MP3 file. I found if I rename the xxxx.bin file as xxxx.cdg, KeyRite works as expected. I can only guess that KeyRite examines the extension in the file name and makes some assumption about the type of file. It would be helpful, in fact, if KeyRite had some kind of Preferences box that would allow you to say what extension you are using for the CD+Graphics file, but for me at least the renaming is just a bother, not a show stopper. Hope this is of some help, I have no clue of course whether your problem is related.