MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 8th, 2010, 06:42 PM

Upgrading to 4.11

Am I to understand, that 4.11 will now play Zip Files? I last upgraded to 4.06, which also came with 3.4. stopped using 4.06 because it wouldn't play my Zip files, so i have been using 3.4 ever since.
Pentium 4, 2.40 GHZ, 1.50 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
Old January 8th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Yes 4.11 will play zip files imported through the K-oke button on the main screen. This is a temporary import. Just keep in mind that it takes a little extra time to open them.
Or if you import them through the Import from Hard Drive tool, Hoster will extract the files (MP3+G) and import them creating the KMA and adding them to the database. All Hoster versions from the early version 3 have had this capability.
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:22 PM

All Hoster versions from the early version 3 have had this capability.[/quote]

Now see, this comment just leads me to believe that you did not understand my question. You, would be incorrect in this statement. I was able to play my Zip Files Prior to 4.06, 4.06 does not even recognize my zip files, which is why I have stayed with 4.06-3.4. The storefront on the MTU site, is leading me to believe, that I can now find, and load a Zip File Song From my HardDrive directly into my play list without having to convert it (like I do now in 3.4).
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

That is correct. Version 4.06 - 4.09 did not allow importing from main screen for zip files.
However you did not clarify that you were referring to a main screen temporary import. My statement was correct for permanent import.
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottccook View Post
The storefront on the MTU site, is leading me to believe, that I can now find, and load a Zip File Song From my HardDrive directly into my play list without having to convert it (like I do now in 3.4).
Perhaps I too am misunderstanding your question, I don't know about version 4.06 as it is long gone on my computer but I do know that I can Load a zip file directly into the Playlist with version 3.4 without converting it. Now, if you mean import it into Hoster, then it will convert it to a Kma file. If you want to load it directly into Playlist you have to use the MP3G Tab button and brows to the folder containing your zip files.
4.11 is much the same.

Roy.
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM

Well Thank You Gentleman. I hope my post didn't come across as harsh, after reading it again I was a little taken back.....I am so sorry if it was taken the wrong way. Yes, I have all my KMA songs on my Hard Drive, and then I have Zip Files on an external Drive that a customer brings in. He, and all his friends prefer to use his music. So, i need to be able to search and import directly into the playlist. This is why I havent upgraded since 4.06. 3.4 has been ROCK SOLID and I have been a little nervouse.
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

No problem. Just be clear about what you are asking especially if there are two ways to do something.