MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Matshita DVD-Ram UJ870QJ. Wont import

I recently inherited a laptop computer from my sister. It is a Sony VGN-AR61E running Vista Home Premium. I have loaded Hoster 4.06 on to it and every thing works spot on and very fast except the DVD Rom. From the tools menu CD/DVD drives it shows the Matshita DVD-Ram UJ870QJ Kar Read Yes, Show Yes. Now if I try to import a Song from the import songs Menu CD Tracks, or from disk option next to the brand button it performs the operation perfectly although very fast to my existing system that is about 7 years old.
Now this is where it goes wrong, it shows in the play list as ready but when you play it I just get continuous clicks no other sound or graphics.
I have my existing Plextor Premium U Cd Writer which functions perfectly with this Sony Computer so am not too bothered if I can't get the integral drive to work except it would save having to hook something else up.

I have done all the updates except "silver light". and followed all the Vista recommended changes to the best of my knowledge.

If anybody else has this computer model or dvd drive, have you any ideas thank you.