MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 15th, 2003, 04:22 PM

Importing scanned lyrics into Kpro

Hi:
I have the Kpro software and was wondering if anyone knows how I might be able to import lyrics I have on a floppy disk in a works file into the Kpro lyrics window or even from a Word document file for that matter. Moreover, is there a way I could also scan lyrics and be able to import them in the Kpro window for editing? Everything else seems fine. I'm running Windows XP on my computer. Thanks, John
Old July 15th, 2003, 09:20 PM

Copy and Paste

I looked in the manual provided with KPRO. One could interpolate these instructions to apply to Works or Word.

If you would like the answer from someone who does this exact thing all the time then here it is.

1. Make sure your .doc file is divided into lines the right size (You will have to experiment with font size in your Word file as well as well as font size in your KPRO file. My Current Word settings are Times New Roman 10 point and I aim for a 2 inch line.

2. The lines must be separated by hitting the enter key, not scrolling or creating columns.

3. Select the desired text, and Copy
4. Paste into KPRO

I assume you are acquainted with the rudiments of Copy and Paste. If not you can ask for more help and I'm sure you will get it from me or someone else. Feel free to private message me.
Old July 15th, 2003, 09:26 PM

Scanning Lyrics

Forgot to answer your scanning issue.

When you scan the lyrics you have to make sure that you scan them as text. OCR My program lets me Copy as Text.

I Paste Special into word
Paste as unformatted text.
Correct spellings etc.
Separate the lines with the return key
Etc.
Etc. (Follow the above)

Good luck
Old July 16th, 2003, 08:25 AM

Thanks, Jahern. Yes, I know how to cut and paste. I'll give it a try when I get home.