MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old February 26th, 2008, 01:10 PM

I can try that, but the Sony that came with the box works fine.
Old February 26th, 2008, 01:13 PM

I do doubt that's it, but worth eliminating a possibility, remote as it may be.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Dcrog, MTUSUPPORT has given you an RMA # to return the drive via your Support Ticket he has been working with you on since Feb 19th.

Please change your Forum registration email to the same you use for your MTU Account, and Web Email Form to create Support Tickets. As it was, we had no way to correlate your "hidden" Forum identity to your Account record.
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM

Sorry about that. I joined here four years ago and never thought about the email being different here than on the MTU account. I guess I could have posted the ticket number here. Or conversely you could have asked here or on the forum email address. I would have answered.

MTUSUPPORT said they have already changed the address here for me.

I'll see what I can do when I get home.

How are the shipping charges handled on the package? And who should I ship with?

Oh, and I have always had receive emails from forum administrators checked.
Old February 26th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrog View Post
I don't think I have Roxio on that particular box. But I will check when I get home. I know Nero is on it.
Look in the Startup folder in the programs menu and see if there is an entry for Nero. If so delete it as it is not needed to run Nero.
Old February 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM

Thanks Dale, but no. My start up folder is empty. I like to keep it that way.

In fact here is a great resource for turning things off in your start menu through msconfig.

http://www.lafn.org/webconnect/mento...p/PENINDEX.HTM

The page is searchable with Control F. And gives pretty good explanations of what each does and whether you need it or not.

Last edited by dcrog; February 26th, 2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:15 PM

problem with optiarc drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrog View Post
Okay MTUsupport got to my ticket and sent me the 1.04 firmware. I flashed the drive and still the same thing. I responded on the ticket for this problem. Guess we'll see what happens next.
I have the same problem and submitted a ticket to tech support today. I bought and installed the drive about 2 weeks ago and updated the firmware to 1.005 today, but no improvement. In fact, my RSQ triple-tray player doesn't even read the disks I've burned since getting the new drive. I didn't have this problem with my old Plextor, but it bit the dust a few weeks ago and MTU recommended the Optiarc. I tried burning a disk with another sortware application, but with the same (lack of) results. It's getting frustrating......
Old April 11th, 2008, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoekaraoke View Post
It's getting frustrating......
It's the nature of the Windows beast. It's a pain to set up but works well once it's done. You can rest assured the MTU tested the Optiarc drives but this doesn't mean that Optiarc won't change something or let a bad drive come off of the line. MTU wants to sell you a drive that works.

A few versions back Hoster only worked with drives like Plexdor that were specificly made to read video information but they upgraded the program so it works with most drives. I use a standard Dell CD burner and have no problems.

If it means refunding your money, MTU will make it right. Be patient, I'm sure they don't like "your dirve not working" as much as you don't like it.

Just trying to help.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:38 AM

Unhappy optiarc drive not working

When we first encountered the problem, I made sure we had the latest firmware for the drive (1.006), updated Java, double-checked to make sure we had all the latest Windows updates....then I called our computer tech guy. A couple hours and $100.00 later (ouch! ), he couldn't find the source of the problem in any software, so he decided it must be the physical drive.

Well, I had a second techie check it out yesterday. We went through a dozen disks, trying different settings, write speeds, every variable we could come up with. He couldn't understand why it was burning in "hit or miss" mode and he concluded that it must be the drive - maybe the eye was just slightly out of alignment, or some such defect. I went to a local retailer and got an external drive off the shelf, and it works perfectly! So I submitted a request for an RMA and refund on the Optiarc.

I'm sure that almost all optiarc drives are perfect out-of-the-box, otherwise MTU would not recommend it so highly. I just got that rare "oops". It happens - no big deal.
Old April 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
When we first encountered the problem, I made sure we had the latest firmware for the drive (1.006), updated Java, double-checked to make sure we had all the latest Windows updates....then I called our computer tech guy. A couple hours and $100.00 later (ouch! ), he couldn't find the source of the problem in any software, so he decided it must be the physical drive.

Well, I had a second techie check it out yesterday. We went through a dozen disks, trying different settings, write speeds, every variable we could come up with. He couldn't understand why it was burning in "hit or miss" mode and he concluded that it must be the drive - maybe the eye was just slightly out of alignment, or some such defect. I went to a local retailer and got an external drive off the shelf, and it works perfectly! So I submitted a request for an RMA and refund on the Optiarc.

I'm sure that almost all optiarc drives are perfect out-of-the-box, otherwise MTU would not recommend it so highly. I just got that rare "oops". It happens - no big deal.
I'm glad you're up and running.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old April 13th, 2008, 07:51 PM

After the 1.04 update didn't work they sent me an RMA and replaced the drive.

I guess I should get around to installing it.
Old April 15th, 2008, 09:25 PM

Red face sony-nec optiarc firmware update

Oooops - I typed the wrong update for that optiarc drive. The latest one is 1.05. Anyway, I still haven't heard from MTU for the RMA so I can return it. It's been three business days. Am I being impatient? Probably.....I'll wait til the end of the week, then contact MTU again.
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Oooops - I typed the wrong update for that optiarc drive. The latest one is 1.05. Anyway, I still haven't heard from MTU for the RMA so I can return it. It's been three business days. Am I being impatient? Probably.....I'll wait til the end of the week, then contact MTU again.
MTU is a small company that puts out the best karaoke sofware avaialble. Right now they are focused on the Hoster 4.0 release. Go ahead and put another ticket in, a little reminder won't hurt.

Hang In There!

Jim

Old April 15th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Did you receive the automatic confirmation email with the ticket #? If so you can check on the status from it.
Old April 19th, 2008, 11:49 AM

optiarc AD 7190A

I just connected my new external dvd drive and it says not karaoke compatible. What am i doing wrong. I bought thru MTU for this purpose.
Old April 19th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyd View Post
I just connected my new external dvd drive and it says not karaoke compatible. What am i doing wrong. I bought thru MTU for this purpose.
Kathy please start a new thread instead of tacking on to an old one. In the same window where it tells you it isn't compatible there is a Detect Again button. Put a CDG in the drive and click the button. It should now detect that it is compatable.
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:39 AM

MTU External Drive

In Microstudio under Import tracks i click on detect drives and it says under Karaoke (no) Audio (yes). When I click Tools in Import Tracks there is no Tool/Default Drive to click on.
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Top of the list in the Tools menu says Default Drive. What version are you using?
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:01 PM

MTU external drive

I am using Version 2.612
under tools it says
Speed Selection
ASPI Drivers
Enable Caching (checked)
Enable Burn Proof (checked)
Jitter Control
Status Bar (Checked)
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM

MTU External Drive

I have downloaded the Microstudio 4.006 software now.