MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 15th, 2003, 12:30 AM

Unhappy Problems I've encountered with the latest Kpro update...

In the last version of Kpro, I was able to space bar ahead as much as I wanted to on the first page, and then press Ctrl (pause) and start the song. It was a great feature that I had gotten used to, and I wish it could still be done. Having some text (like 4 measure intro, or key of Ab, etc.) already highlighted on the first page was kinda neat.

Also, why can I not go back and continue to write words down after I place the lyrics?? In the old version, I would sometimes write a few lines first to get an idea of how much would fit on the screen... you know, just to test the waters. Now, if I find I made a mistake in the text, I can't go back and change it or add more without completely starting over! Jeez.

Anyone else annoyed by this???
Old March 15th, 2003, 12:45 PM

JOEL,

Let's say you want to use 4 lines of lyrics. You can have any message you want on the first page up to 4 lines long, filling in with blank lines if you don't use all 4 lines for text. Put EM spaces between each word and a PAGE BREAK at the end of the page. Then start with the lyrics pages.

When ready to sweep, after you click START, immediately sweep the message and tap the CTRL key when all the message lines have been swept.

Start sweeping the lyrics in normal fashion.

When setting up lyrics, decide what size font you like to use, and count how many characters will fill page width. From that point just never put more characters(including spaces) on a line. For example, I like to use 26 arial, and can get 19 characters on a line without getting in trouble., so I set my notepad width accordingly and never have to worry about it. If I run to the edge of the window, that's all it will take. Makes my life a lot easier.

Regarding editing words, don't understand the problem. Kpro has more editing ability than KHP ever dreamed of, and you never could add a line of text without having to re-sweep.

Hope this helps,

George