MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 16th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Frequent Member

KPro REQUIRES an ETHERNET CARD to INSTALL and RUN...!!!

1. Just download the new Kpro and found out you MUST HAVE an ETHERNET CARD INSTALLED in your computer for the program to INSTALL AND RUN.

2. BELOW MTU DOES "NOT DISCLOSE" THIS AT THEIR WEBSTIE.

"To run Karaoke Pro you need the following:

The Karaoke Pro software. You can save on our four Karaoke programs with the Karaoke Suite #4 that includes:
Karaoke Pro to add the lyrics to the music and create the CDG format file
Microstudio to assemble your songs and write them to a cdg disc
Vogone to reduce or eliminate vocals from music songs
Keyrite to pitch change the key of karaoke or audio songs for your voice
A CDG Certified CD Recorder.
A PC computer with: Windows (98SE, ME, 2000 or XP Pro or Home), at least a 700MHz processor (Celeron, Pentium II, III or IV, or AMD Duron, Athelon,a K6 will NOT run Vogone), 64MB of RAM (128MB with Windows 2000/XP), at least 2GB of free hard drive space, and a Video display card with 8MB or more of RAM (but not an S3 video card). "

3. I BELIEVE THIS INFORMATION SHOULD BE "ADDED" BY MTU TO THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.
Old February 16th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Than you!

I simply went into overload updating every web page on our site last Friday to be ready to release KPro 4.008 Friday afternoon.

I simply forgot to add the requirement to the Index and KPro product pages. It is now there.
Old February 17th, 2003, 10:52 AM

Here is the Linksys model of the USB Network card that we use. You can get this for about $39.99 from any Radio Shack. Here is the link to it on Radio Shack http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=25%2D3084

You can also purchase this from MTU if you would like.
Old February 25th, 2003, 02:57 PM

Unhappy Policy

I thoroughly understand the tighter security on the software and the loss of business from free software floating out there on the internet.

My question has to do with the Kpro package that I am considering buying. It states that each program can only be installed and used on one computer and to buy a license for each computer that I own to be installed with the software, it also says that KPro has to be bought for the second computer. What happens if you experience a hard drive fry where you have to re-install all the software as I just experienced. I lost a lot of work, and I don't want to have to buy the software all over again for this product should that happen again. I also do not have access to the internet at home, but only at work. My computer at work has an ethernet card, but not the one at home and I have a USB port on my computer at work, but I don't understand the process you are recommending. I would like to have the products I am considering on disc to be able to re-install should any difficulty arrise with my computer or if I should upgrade and get a newer computer. I see that you can pay for the software to be sent to you by CDRom. Since I don't have access to download the software, what can I do to get this package without complications or confusion? If I do have a hard drive meltdown like before and have to re-install, can the CDRom be used again or does it not allow re-installing?