MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old December 12th, 2008, 12:01 PM

Video CDG HELP!!!!

Hello, I am hoping that someone can help me in regards to copying a video cdg into hoster. I have the lastest version, I have read the manual, but alas, I am still unable to get the cd to rip to hoster. When I put the CD/Video in my reader I pull up hoster and hit the import from cd and when the computer reads the cd it is listed as one very large track and aborts. HELP HELP HELP PLEEEEEEASE. I have multiple parties coming up in a week and would like to have access to these songs. Thanks to anyone who can assist me.
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin D View Post
Hello, I am hoping that someone can help me in regards to copying a video cdg into hoster. I have the lastest version, I have read the manual, but alas, I am still unable to get the cd to rip to hoster. When I put the CD/Video in my reader I pull up hoster and hit the import from cd and when the computer reads the cd it is listed as one very large track and aborts. HELP HELP HELP PLEEEEEEASE. I have multiple parties coming up in a week and would like to have access to these songs. Thanks to anyone who can assist me.
Hoster cannot (in the current 4.06 version) import Videos into the database. That is coming in the next release sometime in early 2009. And it still will not read them directly from CD/DVD. You will have to copy/move/import them to your hard drive first. If you have them on your hard drive you can use them in Hoster from the main screen Video button but this is a temporary import and does not list them in the Songs database.
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
And it still will not read them directly from CD/DVD.
Dale
Mine can read directly of of Video Cd's & some DVDs. Just put them in the drawer and go to the video tab, then navigate to that drive. Plays better than of the hard drive as they are uncompressed.

Rockin d

You can copy individual files of video Cd's and save them to your hard drive, they are usually have a .DAT extension. You can then play them by navigating to where you saved them from the video tab. DVD are a different problem you need a conversion program to convert from .vob to .avi or any of the formats listed under the video tab. I think some .vob files will play but only if they are short ones.

There are various video conversion programmes around, I use http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-ripper.html
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:34 PM

Hey Roy,
Are you running Hoster 4.06? This is the version Dale is talking about.

Quote:
Hoster cannot (in the current 4.06 version) import Videos into the database.
Thanks

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Yes Jim, Hoster 4.06. I am not talking about importing into the data base. But playing them directly of video CD's in the DVD Rom player of the laptop. I have the old player selected, I don't know if this makes a difference.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Yes Jim, Hoster 4.06. But I have the old player selected, I don't know if this makes a difference.
Hey Roy,
You may have hit the nail on the head bro. I don't have any videos on CD so I can't test this.

Thanks again.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:37 PM

all you had to do is import them on your hardrive as a dat. file, when you open hoster and wanted to play the vcd just click on video tab and hoster will automatically look for it, then dbl click on the tittle and it will add it to your playlist