MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old September 12th, 2005, 04:27 PM

Ati Radeon Xpress 200

Will this Video series cards support the dual screen needed to (Extend) the monitor... I am looking for a laptop now that I can use for my Karaoke shows... Currently I use a Desk top computer for shows... I am also wondering if anyone uses the USB convertor to extend the monitor to show 2 differant screens... Does that work alright for karaoke???

Rip
Old September 13th, 2005, 04:42 PM
dontalkmuch

Ati Radeon Xpress 200

I have a lap top with the Ati Radeon Xpress 200, it does have duel screen capabilities and seems to work fine for me.
Old September 14th, 2005, 01:55 PM

info

Can you work on the main screen and send the lyrics to the "extended" screen? Is the video card just a 200 or 200mg or 200p or something???

Ripper
Old September 28th, 2005, 05:50 PM
dontalkmuch

Yes, but it took me a while to figure out how to get my computer set up.l As far as I know it is just a Ati Radeon Xpress 200, I havent seen any identifiers after the 200
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:10 PM

Please Share The Wealth

Dear Dontalkmuch,

I have the same exact ATI card as you on my laptop and am still trying to figure out how to set mine up to output the lyrics to my tv. I have it set where the plain desktop without the icons shows up on my tv but I can't get the display there. Can you help me? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Getting frustrated.
Old May 13th, 2006, 03:43 PM

Update

Ok, now I got the KMA files to come up on the tv when playing a karaoke song but when it switches to a music video it only plays on the hoster on the laptop in the floating screen but doesn't output the video to the Tv. I'm getting ready do dye my hair blonde. I can't seem to outsmart this darned thing!
Someone please help!