MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 11th, 2004, 05:52 PM

computer idiot here

Hi,
I just downloaded the demo edition of kpro 4.(008 i think).
Do the music foiles have to be .wav? How can I convert mp3s that are alrwady in my computer to use in the program?
Thanks,
Sam
Old February 12th, 2004, 12:00 PM

the music files must be .wav, and sometines an mp3 converted to .wav can cause problems. it is best to rip them from cd directly to .wav
Old February 12th, 2004, 01:56 PM

Problems With Converted Files

I don't believe that files converted from MP3 into wave pose any problem in KHP4.x

I have read in other places that if a file has been converted this way then the success in Vogone may be less than an original Wave file.

I would like to know more because sometimes I store files (actually in WMA format, as well as MP3) with the intention of converting to Wave for KHP4.x use.
Old February 12th, 2004, 02:09 PM

I may be wrong. I know it causes problems with vogone, as it can throw a stereo track out of phase in the conversion. and it won't vocal cancel. Im not sure about this one. I also read somewhere about it was better not to use stereo, rather dual mono for a cdg file. Heck Im probably wrong on both.

Just ignore this post and carry on.
Old February 12th, 2004, 03:39 PM

Heard That Too

That's what I heard about vogone and MP3

I also heard about (even posted an argument about) the advantage of using Dual Mono instead of stereo to make cdg files (not in doing vogone files; mono doesn't work)

If there is any separation of speakers, then true stereo has limitations. Maybe one doesn't hear the guitar in the right channel so people sitting close to the right speaker don't hear the guitar etc.
Old February 21st, 2004, 11:46 AM

Have encountered no problems at all using stereo .wav files to make cdg's with in KHP.

George
Old February 21st, 2004, 04:33 PM

Hello samcoffeeman,
I can only speak from personal experience.
Yes you have to use wav. files for KHPro.
I have downloaded MP3's for songs not available on CDG
Have had no problems in converting them successfully to wav. files and adding lyrics in KHPro.
Have also used converted MP3 files as wav. files in Vogone, as others have said not as successful, but occassionally they do pretty well, but don't hold your breath.
Try www.audiotoolsdirect.com they list a stack of tools you can use for converting files in all directions, together with a whole host of useful karaoke and audio information
A lot are either free or shareware
Regards from across the pond
Garry