MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 22nd, 2001, 02:39 AM

Question System at place makes sound mono? Destroys result?

I made a vocal reduced file(vr2...). After I made the vocal reduced file, then with another program I patched back in (paste over) some of the sections where the vocalist doesn't sing. I made a cdg using khp and microstudio. It sounded as I expected and I was excited about doing the song. At the place where I sing, the patched in sections played well. the vocal reduced sections were horrible. The voice was soft, but clear and discernible, and everything else was extremely muffled.

I scratched my head and went home. I have found that I am getting a similar result when I attempt to convert the wave file to mono. I think that my place is using mono so that all its speakers have equal sound.

What is my next step? I have tried recording the file again through a line-in situation. Conversion to mono still has this horrible result. I have experimented and had similar results with other vocal reduced files that have no sections patched back in.

If there is a solution Heeeelllp!!
Old December 22nd, 2001, 04:54 PM

Something I forgot to mention. I asked them to change the pitch at the place. I did not try the file I made with the pitch already changed. I will try that tonight. (I'm a glutton for punishment!)
Old December 24th, 2001, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Read this earlier post by George:
http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...=&threadid=813.

I do not have an explanation of why Vogone 2 should cause a problem with a key shifter on a Karaoke machine.

It might be the way the key shifter works. I'll try to get our programmer to address this one.
Old December 26th, 2001, 11:57 AM

I tried to play the same vocal reduced song at my place. This time I used a file for which I changed the key using keyrite. The song played fine. (I still have to outsmart the eq system at my place, but otherwise things were ok) I think some key changer systems use mono, and this destroys the result.