MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 12th, 2002, 12:37 PM

Thumbs up Problem solved

To everyone who read and provided some insite to my supposed Plexwriter and software problems.
After exhausting all avenues as to why the new software upgrades would not work I purchased a new computer. Everything worked. My problem was that when I downloaded AOL 8.0 it evidently spred files around my hard drive and caused some major problems.
I did not add any other software to the new unit until I tried the software from both Microstudio and Goldenhawk and even the Hewlett Packer CDROM burner that I thought was bad(the day I downloaded AOL 8.0) worked perfectly.
I thank everyone for their time and effort.
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:54 PM

To: D.Douglas

I back again. All of a sudden, during a attempted burn for a new CD+G disk, every file came out as a .cda formatted file. They were listed in the file as 12 song name.bin files and when the burn was complete, they were all listed as a .cda extention. Of course they would not play very well in my Karaoke Machine or anyone else's machine.
I'm still using the same burner from MTU and the same disk's from MTU but a different results.
I checked the registry for the high & low filters but nothing showed there. I un-installed then re-installed the software with no change.
I even tried loading the files through a 2 gig flash drive with no luck.
Any suggestions
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Vince, look at a commercially produce CDG disk. All the tracks will be listed by Windows Explorer as "track xx.CDA". If you play one in WMP you will get the audio without the lyrics. The extension is not the problem between the burn and your player.
Old March 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM

To: Dale Douglass 03/01/09- 9:01 pm

I assume what you're saying is, that my problem lies between my burner and my player. Is that correct? If the answer is yes can you explain how I might find the answer to which is the culprit?
I can insert a disk that I produced last december in my player and the song I select comes up in the normal time and plays. If I put a disk in the machine that I produced yesterday, It sits there, the screen shows that it's doing something, then the "play" line goes off and it goes to a blank screen. If I put the machine on autoplay (with the switch) it will play from the first song to the last in succesion of the first to the last.
On my computer, if I want to play a .bin file, I would double click on it and it would play in the KBPlayer with no problem. Now when I double click on it the KBPlayer screen comes up and makes no attempt to play the disk.
Is there a method of playing a single track in Microstudio without importing the entire disk?
When I produce a disk I always check the cutting side to be sure that it shows the area that had just been recorded and it always shows the area of burn. And yet when I try to play one of the tracks the computer responds with "Please place a disk in the drive "F". That's the one that I really don't understand yet. What happens to create that message?
If I use one of my 2GB that I load with tracks from the same disk and plug it in to the computer all songs that I click on play with no problem and they play in the KBPlayer.
I hope I'm not asking foolish questions but these are things that keep us all from spending time on producing the music tracks that we use in the Karaoke venues in our area.

Thanking you in advance,
Old March 1st, 2009, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Cravotta View Post
I assume what you're saying is, that my problem lies between my burner and my player. Is that correct? If the answer is yes can you explain how I might find the answer to which is the culprit?
All I was saying was CDA is the standard Audio extension, so the files burned are not being miss named. So that isn't the issue.

Quote:
I can insert a disk that I produced last december in my player and the song I select comes up in the normal time and plays. If I put a disk in the machine that I produced yesterday, It sits there, the screen shows that it's doing something, then the "play" line goes off and it goes to a blank screen. If I put the machine on autoplay (with the switch) it will play from the first song to the last in succesion of the first to the last.
The only thing that I can think of that would cause this would be a weak laser on the burner. That would mean that the burn isn't as deep as it should be and is harder for the reader in the player to pick up. But we have been through all that before. Home computer burned disks will never equal the commercial ones as they use a different method of burning/duplicating that uses a stronger laser than is available for everybody else.
In the previous discussion on this if I remember correctly there was a couple others that were having the same kind of problem with their players. I am wondering if after you have switched to auto and strated the first song, if you turn the auto off will it let you select a song from then on?

Quote:
On my computer, if I want to play a .bin file, I would double click on it and it would play in the KBPlayer with no problem. Now when I double click on it the KBPlayer screen comes up and makes no attempt to play the disk.
Will it play if you open it in the KBPlayer (non-auto load)? Has KBPlayer been upgraded or anything? I don't have it so don't know much about it.

Quote:
Is there a method of playing a single track in Microstudio without importing the entire disk?
You can play directly from the CD any track you want to or if you want to import a single track then only check the box next to that track. That will import only the track you want.

Quote:
When I produce a disk I always check the cutting side to be sure that it shows the area that had just been recorded and it always shows the area of burn. And yet when I try to play one of the tracks the computer responds with "Please place a disk in the drive "F". That's the one that I really don't understand yet. What happens to create that message?
That message is a Windows generated message and is telling you the drive isn't responding or at least isn't responding it time. I have a Plextor that started doing this a while back and for a few months it wouldn't work with even Windows Explorer. I gave up on it (had a second drive to use) but didn't get around to removing it from the computer. After an update from Microsoft one time it suddenly started responding again. I can't say for sure it was the update or not that made it start working again, but it is working like a champ now.
Try Retesting the drive in the Tools/CD/DVD drives tool again to make sure it is recognized. Make sure the drive letter are correct too.

Quote:
If I use one of my 2GB that I load with tracks from the same disk and plug it in to the computer all songs that I click on play with no problem and they play in the KBPlayer.
I hope I'm not asking foolish questions but these are things that keep us all from spending time on producing the music tracks that we use in the Karaoke venues in our area.
When you load them on the flash drive they are not in CD (burn format) but are in BIN. Since you KBPlayer does play BIN then that would work. It is the same as putting them in from your normal hard drive.

How long have you had this CD drive and how many CDs have you burned with it?
Have you done any of the Hardware Updates from Microsoft? If any were driver updates for that CD drive then roll the driver back to original. The Hardware updates from Microsoft are generic and half the time will cause more problems than they fix.