MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 11th, 2009, 03:21 AM

Exclamation Vista Service Pack 2

After downloading and installing Vista service pack 2 microstudio is not working correctly.
When refreshing and rebuilding the my songs window from my kma files folder
i get an error message at the end saying that 8,062 of my 65,000 songs could not be added and then the microstudio has stopped working window pops up and windows is looking for a solution. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same problem occurs. Hoster seems to be working fine with service pack 2 so far
Old June 11th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Have you tried just opening Microstudio again after it is closed with the error message? It should try again to rebuild the list and will probably complete it the second time.
I have this problem with one computer using XP and it will error out on songs the first time just as yours (without the crash though) and when I close and re-open MS it rebuilds that list with no errors automatically.
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:30 PM

Exclamation Microstudio and vista SP2

I tried as you suggested but this did not work either. When i re-opened microstudio it did not start rebuilding so i hit refresh and it went through the full processing as before then a window pops up saying some errors found

succcess count 56018
Failed count 8730
some files could not be added to the my songs list
if you would like to view the list of these files
click anywhere in the bubble
all of the kma files in this error list play fine in hoster but are not being processed by microstudio
this did not occur until after I installed vista SP 2
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling microstudio 2 more times with the same results.
Old June 11th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

James, check and make sure Vista didn't turn the UAC back on. Also check a couple of those files and make sure they are not Read Only.
You might want to go through the Vista settings list for Hoster to see if it changed or reset anything else too.
Old June 11th, 2009, 11:45 PM

Exclamation Microstudio problem

Hi Dale I checked all the setting and they are correct but this is what I discovered
I don't think its a vista problem afterall
When all of the 8000 kma files which came up as file errors in microstudio are selected in Hoster, they come up under the "type column" listed as "CDCDG" and all of the files which did come up in microstudio without a problem are listed in the "type column" of Hoster as "HDMP3G" could this be a glitch in the Microstudios 4.20 codes for building the my songs list?
Old June 12th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

No, because 99% of my files are CDCDG and they show in Microstudio 4.20 just fine.
Old June 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Exclamation Microstudio 4.2

Hi dale just to continue our discussion on this
I took a group of the kma files which would not import into microstudio 4.2 and imported them into songverter and then converted them from kma to mp3+g. I then reimported them into Hoster now listed as type "hdmp3g" instead of "cdcdg" and then took these reimported kma files and tried again importing them into microstudio 4.2 and they all were recognized with no problem. I then uninstalled microstudio 4.2 and reinstalled microstudio 4.006 and tried this. All of my kma files imported into microstudio 4.006 with no problem including the 8,000 files which microstudio 4.2 reported as errors. There is definately something to do with microstudio 4.2 which is causing this problem since microstudio 4.006 imported all of them with no errors without having to convert there original type from "cdcdg' to "hdmp3g"
Old June 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

But I am saying almost all of my files are CDG (CDCDG) and they all show in the list. Microstudio does not actually import them, but just creates a list of the files in the folder.
This did not happen on your computer until after installing Vista's SP2, so how can you say it has to be the program. Also you are the only one so far having this problem.
I don't have Vista but I am sure it has to do with something changed or loaded by that service pack.
Old June 12th, 2009, 05:58 PM

Exclamation Microstudio 4.2 reply

Dale the reason I am saying that 4.2 is the problem is for 2 reasons. First there are other posts in the forum about this problem which i just read and i now see that you already posted that there is a problem with 4.2 in these posts back in early may and 2nd because I installed 4.006 and it built the song list without any problems and i installed 4.006 after downloading vista service pack 2. So if 4.006 works with service pack 1 and 2 then there is something in the 4.2 code which is causing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmacjr View Post
i downloaded 4.200 and reuilt the database and it wouold only recognize about half of the songs i had in the database;. 4.006 would reuild all the database. is there a problem in the new updates??
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmacjr View Post
i used the wrong word i refreshed the list after installing 4.200. only half of the songs were present in the list. to give an example AH8002 has only one song on the list. in 4.006 all were present. i have about 29,500 in there and about 14,000 are missing. i use this same computer as a back up for hoster to run shows. I am not sure what happened but on my computer 4.006 worked better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgentrytx12 View Post
I just installed 4.20 and did a refresh because some of the songs I imported into Hoster yesterday didn't show up. When it refreshed it said that over 5000 out of 30,000 had errors. I have never had this problem until upgrade. Any Ideas? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgentrytx12 View Post
I have never had this problem until I upgraded to 4.20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
What I have found using a Hex Editor is that those files that Microstudio are rejecting apparently have errors in the header. It appears some information is missing. I will report this to Admin tomorrow morning and see what they can figure out.
I am afraid the solution is to re-import those files as that is the only way to correct them.
Faster solution is to edit the songs. On mine I fixed the genre (normally don't use or pay attention to this) and then applied the change. This resaves the file and header which fixes the problem.
There were some changes to the header added with the Hoster 4.0x versions and I think this is what Microstudio is looking for. As the ones I have this problem with were imported quite a while ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
MTU is looking into it. Part of the problem concerns the fact that they made some changes to the hearder for KMA files in Hoster after releasing this version of MS. Going back to a previous version isn't going to help that as you would have the same errors.
Rebuilding the Hoster database may show the same errors too as it appears the header files of those that error out are not right. The 19 that I had all had spaces in the header that should have had data instead. By editing the files in Hoster and changing the Genre, saving the change, then changing it back and saving agin I was able to quickly fix those files.
Are any of those 30,000 songs you have Audio only (DJ) files? If so they will not show in the "Karaoke Files" but will show in "Audio Files" instead.
Old June 12th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

I can't answer this now as I have to get ready to go do a show. The files I had problems with at that time had corrupted headers which I corrected in Hoster by making a change that forced Hoster to resave the files.
Old June 12th, 2009, 08:58 PM

Exclamation Ms

Thanks dale I'm going to stick with microstudio 4.006 for now since it recognizes all the headers
I'm not feeling editing over 8,000 header titles just to use microstudio 4.2
In checking the Kma files with errors in microstudio 4.2 I did find that they were all imported with the first couple versions of Hoster way back in the day
Old June 13th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator

James, thanks for diagnosing as you have.

As much as Dale is normally spot on, it does seem that something in Vista SR2 might have caused Microstudio 4.20 to malfunction.

You are way beyond the "top end boundary" of number of files to import" into the My Songs list. Microstudio was not designed for this type of "mega-use".

Having said that, we will address 4.21 Beta 1 running on Vista SR2.

Please post what "Vista version" you are running (Home, Premium,etc.) so we know exactly what you are running.
Old June 13th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Exclamation Vista Version

Hi guys I am running Vista Premium Sp2 but I don't think its the service pack after all.
I have microstudio on my other computer with Vista Premium SP1 which I have not updated to SP2 as of yet so I hooked up my external hard drive to it and ran microstudio 4.006 first and all kma files were recognized and added to the my songs list.
I then uninstalled microstudio 4.006 and installed microstudio 4.20 and ran the build my songs and got the error message that 8,016 songs could not be added to the list. It seems that the way microstudio 4.20 reads the song headers now is different from how microstudio 4.006 reads them. Maybe I should send you a couple of my kma's which microstudio 4.006 recognizes but microstudio 4.20 does not so you can analysis them with both versions.
Old June 15th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Great diagnosis here. Thanks for doing this.

We'll focus in on the code that recognizes the "older" KMA format. It was upgraded to support more features in Hoster later versions (I forget the exact changed version).

It is hard for even MTU to upgrade all our programs that handle KMA files. We are addressing a way to make it happen automatically when a new version is built of each program.

If you can provide us with 2 KMA files that fail on 4.20 it would help insure we are on the same page with you. An actual test file that "fails" can save us hours of senior programmer's time!

Try and attach them here. I'll remove them once we get them.

If you can't attach here, post that and we'll get another way to receive them.
Old June 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM

Exclamation Kma Files

I tried to upload the kma files but it kept saying upload failed
I tried zipping them then uploading them as well with the same result.

One other thing to note:
When the bubble in Microstudio 4.2 pops up saying how many song errors there were and to click on it to open it, when you do this the file list opens but then the microsoft window " The application has stopped working and the program will be shut down pops up". If you close the bubble without opening it this does not happen.
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:17 PM

I always end up emailing my files. Of course they should be zipped first so they don't get corrupted in the transfer.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM

Talking Kma's

Thanks that worked!
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James w murray View Post
Thanks that worked!
Cool

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old June 15th, 2009, 09:58 PM

Exclamation Whoops

Spoke too soon email came back as email address dosen't exist
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM

I sent you a personal message.

Jim