MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 28th, 2010, 10:14 AM

Hoster 3.21a

Everytime I try to import a singers disc the song playing stops or all of Hoster shuts down. Any idea of what the problem is??

Dale, you closed my other thread because you saw my thread about upgrading. HOWEVER, I have 2 full sets of Hoster and I am only upgrading ONE. So I could still use an answer to this question. Thanks.
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Hoster 3.21a

OK. but you could have added it to your first thread stating this was for another computer or stated so in the second thread. Sorry but you were not clear that it wasn't for the same computer.

Now has this worked in the past or has it always been this way?
How many different scenarios do you want me to list? In other words how about some more details. There are a lot of things that could cause this.
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:14 AM

I guess it has always had this problem. To tell you the truth it was not until recently that I tried to use this particular feature. But more and more singers are bringing their own disk.

I have enough system power and ram so think it is either something in XP Pro or Hoster. Any guidance? Thanks.
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

What kind of computer?
How much Ram?
Processor speed?
Size of the C: drive and amount of free space?
Old June 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Custom build, 4GB, 3.2 Ghz Pentium, 72%. Like I said, I have enough system support. What I need now is Hoster support. I really never tried to used this feature before, but would like to do so now. You said there are a "number of things" that can cause this. Could you share that info so I can trouble shoot it?
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doransdome View Post
Everytime I try to import a singers disc the song playing stops or all of Hoster shuts down. Any idea of what the problem is??

Dale, you closed my other thread because you saw my thread about upgrading. HOWEVER, I have 2 full sets of Hoster and I am only upgrading ONE. So I could still use an answer to this question. Thanks.
i had that problem, and it was never solved, the only way around it was to import the sngers disc at the very end of a song playing and also it depends on the disc how fast you cam import, if the disc is scratched it will take a little bit of time, but if the disc is clean, it will import in just a few seconds.. i upgraded my show laptop to v4.22 and i am now able to import singers disc w/o a problem...
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Hoster has off and on had this problem, and usually not wholesale as in some could and some could not. I have seen this work sometimes and not with other versions on my own systems. You answered any questions that I could have offered advice for fixing this. The only other thing I could say is upgrade to the latest version and see if it is working with it.
Old June 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM

Thanks BillyO, that is what I've been doing but thought there might be a fix. Nice to know I am not alone but there is a work around. Best Wishes.
Old June 29th, 2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doransdome View Post
Thanks BillyO, that is what I've been doing but thought there might be a fix. Nice to know I am not alone but there is a work around. Best Wishes.
you're welcome, you're not the only one, there were some Hoster users who have this problem , i don't know if they got their fixed, but since i downloaded the new version, i was able to import singers disc, i'm not saying you should do the same though, if youre happy with what you got and if you can work your way around it..stay..
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Billyo is referring to version 4.22 which just came out recently. It has been a fix only upgrade and really tackle some that have persisted for a while. He is right that this could fix your problem because they found a buffer that was remaining open and soon filled up.